1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

AppleTV 4K Remote

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
cosmoxl

Re: AppleTV 4K Remote

Post by cosmoxl »

[email protected] wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 21:06
cosmoxl wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:02 how the siri remote interacts with MrMC will soon be changing. it'll be much more like other apps on the apple tv, where you swipe around.

one thing to learn is that tapping the edges of the remote, not clicking, is also a way to move the cursor around efficiently, when a swipe won't do.

in current release of MrMC skipping is done by tapping, not clicking, the edges of the remote. tap up is a chapter ahead, tap down is a chapter back. tapping left and right edges repeatedly will increment up time.

but this will be changing soon to conform to the typical apple tv app. so, don't get too accustomed to it. :)
Hi. I'm having trouble understanding the above reply that refers to how things will be in the future.

I have the 3.4.1 Beta, and I can't figure out any easy way to skip forward and backward by chapters. I see the chapter numbers (e.g. 1 of 5) in the lower left ... and I can bring up the "expert SIRI" to tap chapter forward and back.

However, I just cannot figure out whether there is a simple gesture (either expert or not) that will allow me in the new MrMC to move forward or backward by a chapter.

Any opinions on this?

thanks
BrianGGG
Instructions in the testflight thread say that clicking top or bottom of touchpad skips by chapter or big jump if no chapter data available. You should be interacting there re testflights.
Last edited by cosmoxl on 28 Jan 2018, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
timstephens24

Re: AppleTV 4K Remote

Post by timstephens24 »

[email protected] wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 21:06 I have the 3.4.1 Beta, and I can't figure out any easy way to skip forward and backward by chapters. I see the chapter numbers (e.g. 1 of 5) in the lower left ... and I can bring up the "expert SIRI" to tap chapter forward and back.

However, I just cannot figure out whether there is a simple gesture (either expert or not) that will allow me in the new MrMC to move forward or backward by a chapter.
Since you're in the beta you should be reading the beta thread. It's up and down click for chapters with the Siri remote.