1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

tvOS 11

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
cosmoxl

Re: tvOS 11

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 13:16 Any issues with MrMC under tvOS 11 beta 8?
Any hope to access HEVC hardware decoding under tvOS 11?
Thanks
I just updated to beta 8 and at least playback in MrMC works just fine.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 15:09
Thanks
Some audio and keyboard issues have been reported earlier, are these have been fixed by now?
Do you get any "perceivable" performance changes with tvOS 11?

Thanks
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 16:48
Thanks
Some audio and keyboard issues have been reported earlier, are these have been fixed by now?

Thanks
The audio problem that I wrote about is still there. But, that's rare. I'm thinking MrMC will have to change something to conform with something new in tvOS 11. I haven't tested keyboard problems. No, I don't see any performance changes.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 16:48
Thanks

Thanks
I don't know if I count it as a performance change but I do think video is smoother with tvOS 11 in MrMC. 23.976 material has less interruptions of the smooth cadence than it had under tvOS 10 to my eye.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Anybody seeing a compelling reason to update to iOS 11, because I don't, unless HEVC hardware decoding is being utilized!
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

tvOS has never gone with huge changes, so it's usually the behind-the-scenes stuff that you update for.
  • HEVC support
  • Home Screen Sync - syncs app location on the main screen for all your devices
  • DirecTV Now support for Single-Sign On
  • Other tweaks for all the base apps design
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

timstephens24 wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 12:04 tvOS has never gone with huge changes, so it's usually the behind-the-scenes stuff that you update for.
  • HEVC support
Sure, but the most important for me is the HEVC playback. The apps, MrMC and other players, must first implement the libs., then an update makes sense. Till then, the new powerful ATV will be available. I'm really looking forward to HEVC hardware support since it is the only case where I use my MINIX U1 (Amlogic SoC) for.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 12:37
timstephens24 wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 12:04 tvOS has never gone with huge changes, so it's usually the behind-the-scenes stuff that you update for.
  • HEVC support
Sure, but the most important for me is the HEVC playback. The apps, MrMC and other players, must first implement the libs., then an update makes sense. Till then, the new powerful ATV will be available. I'm really looking forward to HEVC hardware support since it is the only case where I use my MINIX U1 (Amlogic SoC) for.
I've tested HEVC in infuse and it plays the low bitrate 1080p stuff I have really well. but, VLC does too. I'm sure MrMC will eventually have it.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 19:42
  • HEVC support
I've tested HEVC in infuse and it plays the low bitrate 1080p stuff I have really well. but, VLC does too. I'm sure MrMC will eventually have it.
I don't know whether infuse or VLC have already implemented the HW deciding (I guess not) but then iOS 11 doesn't make sense in this respect. Try PlayerXtreme, I found it better than infuse and VLC as far as HEVC is concerned. For ATV4, I use Plex.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 21:55
cosmoxl wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 19:42

I don't know whether infuse or VLC have already implemented the HW deciding (I guess not) but then iOS 11 doesn't make sense in this respect. Try PlayerXtreme, I found it better than infuse and VLC as far as HEVC is concerned. For ATV4, I use Plex.
playerextreme won't even run in tvOS 11 yet. Infuse announced they support the new HEVC stuff in tvOS11 already.

edit: playerxtreme does run. it's ABC player which doesn't run on tvOS 11. Playerxtreme doesn't playback HEVC well at all so they are not updated to use the new API yet.
Last edited by cosmoxl on 03 Sep 2017, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.