1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Display mode disparity and Deinterlacing

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
cosmoxl

Display mode disparity and Deinterlacing

Post by cosmoxl »

It's occurs to me that all this mess with deinterlacing wouldn't be needed if these devices would just output 1080i so that our TV's would do the deinterlacing.

:ugeek:
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Display mode disparity and Deinterlacing

Post by davilla »

heh, same thing could be said if the fixation on interlacing media would just die in a fire too :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 04:20 heh, same thing could be said if the fixation on interlacing media would just die in a fire too :)
no doubt, but 1080i is a broadcast standard around the world, no? Being that it is, I just can't believe the makers of these streaming devices don't create them with the ability to output 1080i. good grief, 20 year old cable boxes can...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The other problem with handling deinterlace is there are several forms. Top Field first, Bottom Field, etc. So the first thing you have to do is figure out which form you have. This info is there in demux packet, but once you decode, it's gone unless you pass it along. So for the HDTV to really handle it right, it also has to handle the decode too :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 14:49 The other problem with handling deinterlace is there are several forms. Top Field first, Bottom Field, etc. So the first thing you have to do is figure out which form you have. This info is there in demux packet, but once you decode, it's gone unless you pass it along. So for the HDTV to really handle it right, it also has to handle the decode too :)
I see. So the cable boxes I've used in the past must have passed that info along with the decoded stream?