1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

new appletv might be coming

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: new appletv might be coming

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:17
davilla wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:16 "native" HEVC decoding under tvOS on the A8 seems to be better than what FFMpeg can do.
well that's not much at all. :) Have you had a chance to fiddle with it yet?
Not yet, I'd have to install the new xcode beta to get to iOS11 and that would poison my ability to push up updates/releases. One cannot push releases using beta xcodes.

But I'm watching google :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:22
cosmoxl wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:17
davilla wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 17:16 "native" HEVC decoding under tvOS on the A8 seems to be better than what FFMpeg can do.
well that's not much at all. :) Have you had a chance to fiddle with it yet?
Not yet, I'd have to install the new xcode beta to get to iOS11 and that would poison my ability to push up updates/releases. One cannot push releases using beta xcodes.

But I'm watching google :)
the google knows all. and I bet that means you'll know what to do when the time comes.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Actually, I downloaded the free version of infuse and HEVC plays really well, except for the 4k test video I have.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

What I've read about ATV5 is that it'll support 3 HDR versions. That alone will make it a very nice device, especially now that Amazon is coming to tvOS. I just hope it does refresh rate switching and passthrough/bitstream.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I haven't heard anything about Atmos, which is the main thing after HDR/4K that I care about. I don't really mind rest rate switching because I can't see 3:2 pulldown on the ATV4. I like that it'll do HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG but since there's basically no HLG content it'll at least be a little future compatible. I have 2 TVs that have support but nothing to play...

I think the real bets should be on the Ethernet port... Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 17:06 I haven't heard anything about Atmos, which is the main thing after HDR/4K that I care about. I don't really mind rest rate switching because I can't see 3:2 pulldown on the ATV4. I like that it'll do HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG but since there's basically no HLG content it'll at least be a little future compatible. I have 2 TVs that have support but nothing to play...

I think the real bets should be on the Ethernet port... Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet?
Atmos has to be bitstreamed, right? It can't be decoded and output as PCM being an object-based track.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yup, it has to be bitstreamed.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Gigabit ethernet? What for? We are talking about a streaming device, no NAS on which several devices might rely on and therefore I can't think about any useful purpose of GB ethernet on an ATV - respectively, what would be the theoretical required bandwidth for 3D 4k HDR HFR material with accelerated Atmos encoded? :D

Tim, I'm just curious. No pun intended.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

eazytv wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 07:31 Tim, I'm just curious. No pun intended.
Oh I was just kidding haha, I don't need it to have GbE. The main benefit you can get from GbE on a streaming device is buffering times between your Apple TV (for MrMC) and NAS would be a lot faster, depending on the bitrate of what you're playing.