1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

new appletv might be coming

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
davilla
Team MrMC

new appletv might be coming

Post by davilla »

timstephens24

Re: new appletv might be coming

Post by timstephens24 »

Not having 4k has probably been hurting them. Everyone I know buying TV's this year all got 4k, and wanted 4k movies and shows. Even the little Mi Box does 4k for $69. I'll buy two the day they come out for my 4k TV's.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote:Not having 4k has probably been hurting them. Everyone I know buying TV's this year all got 4k, and wanted 4k movies and shows. Even the little Mi Box does 4k for $69. I'll buy two the day they come out for my 4k TV's.
partly true I think. their reasoning, I'm guessing, was that the number of people with 4k tvs was low. Especially back when they were deciding on the hardware.

but, what they perhaps don't realize is that many people who might buy apple tvs also look at the future proofing their setup...

I think the other part of this is that apple knew all the standards for 4k weren't established yet, neither were/are standards for HEVC. So they just decided to stay out of it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I suspect delays involve something to do with h265. Most 4k streaming uses h265.

Possible ponies too, when decoding 4k/h264, we downscale to 1080p at decoder as there seems to be some memory bandwidth issue with passing the 4k frames to GLES and doing the downscale there. AppleTV4 is A8 and their newer SoCs are much more powerful now.
dynaflash

Post by dynaflash »

Hey Davilla,

I have it on good authority it is going to be a refactor of the original ATV1 with a proprietary CHD chip built in.

Given it's rumored blazing fast 1ghz merom cpu and bountiful 256 mb of soldered on ram, I would like to make an official request of the MrMC team for the new impending release. Built in Handbrake support. I feel it would make for a wonderful video transcoding platform.

Thanks for you're consideration.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

dynaflash wrote:Hey Davilla,

I have it on good authority it is going to be a refactor of the original ATV1 with a proprietary CHD chip built in.

Given it's rumored blazing fast 1ghz merom cpu and bountiful 256 mb of soldered on ram, I would like to make an official request of the MrMC team for the new impending release. Built in Handbrake support. I feel it would make for a wonderful video transcoding platform.

Thanks for you're consideration.
:lol:
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I saw that, too. Sad thing is that with it running tvOS 11 we prob won't see it until September.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 18:21 I saw that, too. Sad thing is that with it running tvOS 11 we prob won't see it until September.
so about 2 years after the the ATV4, right?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yeah, I was hoping for around when they announce the new iPads soon. They did that going from the 2 to the 3.