1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Kodi in the news

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Kodi in the news

Post by davilla »

Beginning of the end of Kodi :)

Seriously, unless Team Kodi takes active measures to throttle the rampage usage of Kodi for piracy, it is doomed. It does not matter that Kodi as built and distributed does not have these piracy addons. It's just too easy to re-package with piracy addons installed.

The steps are easy and do not limit what users can install, they just have to do it at runtime. I already outlined what to do and it got shot down as too limiting. Well, you can't have it both ways. If you want to protect your branding, you need to take aggressive steps from the start. It is too late now, the horse has left the barn. Kodi branding has become more associated with piracy than the original XBMC branding.

That is why we took the drastic step of totally removing python and user addons. Not that we could not get MrMC into the App Stores with them in place but because the existing sub-system was just too easy to abuse. So out with the old and (at sometime) in with the new.
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

I had a friend come over at christmas, and he noticed i had Mrmc on our main tv in the lounge. He said proudly, 'Ahh - you've got one of those Kodi boxes as well. Does yours still work, as after a few weeks I couldn't get football anymore?'. I've also overheard a few guys talking in the office about their Kodi boxes being 'rubbish'.

I've seen articles about Kodi boxes in our local news, Daily Mail and BBC, all related to illegal streaming. The Brand is finished in my opinion. However, something for SPMC and MrMC to consider is that i think the Confluence skin is synonymous with the broken Kodi brand. It would be smart for you both to move over to something new (and hopefully better!), but i know thats not insignificant work.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

jamesp26 wrote:... However, something for SPMC and MrMC to consider is that i think the Confluence skin is synonymous with the broken Kodi brand. It would be smart for you both to move over to something new (and hopefully better!), but i know thats not insignificant work.
we are almost there with a new skin, we know that everyone looks at MrMC and thinks we are Kodi.... once we get new skin, that will be a first step of detaching ourselves from that "illegal streaming image" and constant questions "How do I install [insert illegal stream addon name] on MrMC?"
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »