1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Infuse4 just released, how will this compare to mrmc

Report any issues you might have in here
Steverae

Infuse4 just released, how will this compare to mrmc

Post by Steverae »

Hi guys, just read that fire ore have just released there infuse player for tvos, reading the specs and what it does sounds very much like mrmc, I've, Lodi without the add-ons etc.

This is great news for mrmc as it means that it got approved so we should see mrmc approved too.

Any thoughts on this ?
clairebear

Re: Infuse4 just released, how will this compare to mrmc

Post by clairebear »

Infuse 4 doesn't look as nice as MrMC. Infuse doesn't have lots of different pvr options it only has wmc. End of the day its up to you if you're in that much turmoil over which one to get choose to get them both. infuse 4 is universal on apple tv and Ipad/ Iphones. MrMC are separate apps for apple tv and ipad/Iphone. I use pvr stalker and infuse doesn't have it so not an option for me. Everyone has their different needs.
Steverae

Post by Steverae »

Hi again

I'm not really interested in using infuse4, im just pleased it got approved by apple, looks good for Mrmc
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

clairebear wrote:Infuse 4 doesn't look as nice as MrMC. Infuse doesn't have lots of different pvr options it only has wmc. End of the day its up to you if you're in that much turmoil over which one to get choose to get them both. infuse 4 is universal on apple tv and Ipad/ Iphones. MrMC are separate apps for apple tv and ipad/Iphone. I use pvr stalker and infuse doesn't have it so not an option for me. Everyone has their different needs.
I played with Infuse:

- Don't like the UI. Looks like there's only browsing via huge folder and file icons and no plain simple list view of folders and files.
- The metadata fetching is not error free. It insists on pulling album art and descriptions of every file (movie, series). If you turn it off, you just get default (huge) icons. For example, it found metadata for Starwars EP IV, but not for EP V and VI. My file naming should work ok with Infuse.
- Bitstreaming of DTS and DD works.
- AFAIK, TrueHD and DTS MA decode is not supported (yet).
- Back (Menu) IR command with my Logitech Harmony doesn't work (?). Siri Remote is fine. If I press "back" (menu) I return to the ATV Home Screen.
AppleTV 4K 64GB, 2nd Apple TV 4 as Homekit hub, NVidia Shield ATV
alexioklini

Post by alexioklini »

infuse at the moment has serious issues with playback stuttering concerning 23.9xxx fps files.
so i am really hoping that mrmc video playback looks as smooth as the internal tvos player.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I tried Infuse out for a bit last night. It's basically like a glorified browser of files and folders. It doesn't catalog your content and organize it the way that Kodi or even Plex does or provide much for customization. I've read that there are other shortcomings such as it doesn't even keep track of which videos you've already played. Add the $11.99 price tag for the Pro version and it's goodbye from me.

Plex is better, but I find it keeps refreshing and I also have to navigate too much - too many clicks to get to what I want. Kodi does a better job and remembering where you were - for instance if you come back to a show later on, it remembers which one you just watched and it has that one highlighted for you. With Plex I always have to scroll through from the beginning. I also find the Plex UI unintuitive and wastes space. I can't figure out how to get Playlists to show up either. MrMC will be an instant purchase for me!
tomvs123

Post by tomvs123 »

I was in the beta for infuse. Overall, it's a pretty good media player with no large drawbacks. my feedback about infuse on Atv4:

1. The interface isn't for everyone. it's just a blown-up version of the iOS interface.
2. You MUST organize your media in a certain way for it to work right, even if you turn of metadata fetching. There's no real easy way to just browse a directory of files (and see the full file name).
3. Plays all h.264 (up to 4k and beyond) well except hi10p. hi10p 720p works well enough to watch, 1080p is mostly unwatchable, forget 4k.
4. Doesn't play h.265 very well (at least my 1080p Main10/10-bit samples).
5. Subtitles work for everything, but don't work well. It seems to ignore position information and fonts for stylized subs. I've had issues where it overlaps subtitles.

In summary, it doesn't play files as well as Kodi on a Fire TV 2.

Another player, NASTify player just received an update and is getting better. It's got better hi10p and HEVC playback than Infuse and lists just files in directories (which I prefer). Though subtitles don't work very well with it. This one uses VLC as a back-end. I'm looking forward to trying out VLC when it comes out too :)

And of course MrMC. Here's hoping it's approved soon!
clairebear

Post by clairebear »

tomvs123 wrote:I was in the beta for infuse. Overall, it's a pretty good media player with no large drawbacks. my feedback about infuse on Atv4:

1. The interface isn't for everyone. it's just a blown-up version of the iOS interface.
2. You MUST organize your media in a certain way for it to work right, even if you turn of metadata fetching. There's no real easy way to just browse a directory of files (and see the full file name).
3. Plays all h.264 (up to 4k and beyond) well except hi10p. hi10p 720p works well enough to watch, 1080p is mostly unwatchable, forget 4k.
4. Doesn't play h.265 very well (at least my 1080p Main10/10-bit samples).
5. Subtitles work for everything, but don't work well. It seems to ignore position information and fonts for stylized subs. I've had issues where it overlaps subtitles.

In summary, it doesn't play files as well as Kodi on a Fire TV 2.

Another player, NASTify player just received an update and is getting better. It's got better hi10p and HEVC playback than Infuse and lists just files in directories (which I prefer). Though subtitles don't work very well with it. This one uses VLC as a back-end. I'm looking forward to trying out VLC when it comes out too :)

And of course MrMC. Here's hoping it's approved soon!
mrmc is fricking awesome as I beta tester I know all to well theres just no beating any kodi fork. There is lots of pretenders where it looks good on paper but doesn't work like that in reality. Mrmc is gonna get better and its already the best and I am using it everyday since I became beta tester and will continue to do so the best player on apple tv.