1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Movies trailers

Report any issues you might have in here
stopparde01

Movies trailers

Post by stopparde01 »

Maybe this is stupid questions..but is there a way to watch movie trailers ?

When you go to the movie Info page, pressing "trailer" nothing happen...I believe you need the youtube plugin to make it work ?
On the fireTV I can use the native youtube plugin, so the youtube plugin is not critical, but a way to watch the trailer of the movies you have in your library would be great.

I know that you can download a trailer and name it "movie_name-trailer.mkv" for example and it will play , but downloading trailers is a PITA.
Streaming would be better.

--sav
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Movies trailers

Post by davilla »

movie trailers is a tricky issue, for one, talking direct to youtube is a violation of their TOS. It is not a simple task of playing some URL, their protocol needs to be negotiated to retrieve a playable URL.

Best we could do is vector playback to the youtube app. On AppleTV4, this is a problem as their app does not support URL opens under tvOS. It looks like it might under iOS. Not tired under FireOS.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

What do you mean by a vector playback? How might that look and act?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Take the URL and pass it to youtube app to play. YouTube app opens, plays, and what happens next depends on how good the follow the 'play intent' API. A good app will return focus to the sender, a bad app will just sit there.
stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

Thanks davilla for the explanation, I enjoy those under the hood info.
It looks like trailer support is not something that will happen soon if ever, then.

Now, it seems that MrMC does not support the local trailers files as Kodi does ?
I have trailers named as movie_name-trailer.ext and in Kodi I can play them from the movie info page, while in MrMC they do not play,
I used kodi 16.1. Is that expected?

thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

stopparde01 wrote:Thanks davilla for the explanation, I enjoy those under the hood info.
It looks like trailer support is not something that will happen soon if ever, then.

Now, it seems that MrMC does not support the local trailers files as Kodi does ?
I have trailers named as movie_name-trailer.ext and in Kodi I can play them from the movie info page, while in MrMC they do not play,
I used kodi 16.1. Is that expected?

thanks.
not sure, never tried local movie trailers :) kodi.log from your kodi 16.1 when playing a local movie trailer would be helpful to see what is going on.