1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Intro-skipping

Report any issues you might have in here
ulfthomas

Intro-skipping

Post by ulfthomas »

Hi.

Been a long-time Kodi-user but was made aware of MrMC early this year and instantly switch to it on my Apple 4K. :D So far I love it! Excellent experience because everything works. (WAF increased as a result of me having less room for modifications. :lol: )

I do have one question: We watch a lot of series and when starting these (specifically sit-coms) MrMC tends to jump passed the intro - which is a problem because most of the times there are something happening in the show prior to the actual intro. I also experience MrMC skipping forward 10 minutes if it cannot find a clear intro end-point.

I've tried searching but I cannot find any info on it. Is there anything I can do to mitigate this behavior?

Regards,

Thomas
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Intro-skipping

Post by amet »

Sounds like you have EDL files next to your video files... we do not create intro-skip and that is influenced by adding an additional EDL file using an external application.
ulfthomas

Post by ulfthomas »

amet wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 11:30 Sounds like you have EDL files next to your video files... we do not create intro-skip and that is influenced by adding an additional EDL file using an external application.
That is interesting. I have actually never implemented or used this feature. I have just grepped my entire disk volume for these files and I have none. (or any other file type for this feature for that matter).

Trying to find if these can be stored in a database as I run a shared Mysql setup.

Edit: Browsed through my database and cannot find any fields containing this information. Could they be stored in the .mkv?
Last edited by ulfthomas on 04 Feb 2019, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Nope, they are not part of the database.

Where do the video files come from? If you are recording it from live tv then it’s possible that your recording software is doing it.

MrMC will just play it as you have it on your disc, debuglog will have more info about edl/comskip use or just test using your computer and play the same file... see what you get there
ulfthomas

Post by ulfthomas »

amet wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 13:23 Nope, they are not part of the database.

Where do the video files come from? If you are recording it from live tv then it’s possible that your recording software is doing it.

MrMC will just play it as you have it on your disc, debuglog will have more info about edl/comskip use or just test using your computer and play the same file... see what you get there
I'm playing using .mkv files (not coded by myself) - and I have a feeling they are part of the container.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

E-mail support @ mrmc . tv if you can share a sample for testing... as far as memory serves me, we only read external edl
ulfthomas

Post by ulfthomas »

Will do.