1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How do I add remote media folders on the Home screen?  [SOLVED]

Report any issues you might have in here
MsMraz

How do I add remote media folders on the Home screen?

Post by MsMraz » 02 Feb 2019, 22:53

How do I add remote media folders on the Home screen?

Here is my setup: I have much of my media on the cloud, with about half still remaining on my NAS.

For my movies, in the Settings I set up a WebDAV source for my cloud media files, as well as a Windows SMB source for my media on my NAS -- I named this "Movies" and designated as "Movies" for the scrapers.

For TV shows, I again used WebDAV and NAS together, with TV SHows setting for the scrapers.

For my Home Movies, the same, but without a scraper.

I can add these to the Home Screen. The problem is, there is a default folder on the Home screen named Movies, which does show my combined movie titles (WebDAV and NAS).

But then I have another Movie folder (which seems to be the Movie folder I pinned to the Home screen), which is showing no content. The TV Shows folder I also pinned to the Home screen is empty, too. The Home Movies folder is also empty.

If I go to Settings/System/Media Sources and click on Video, it takes me to the folders I have created (and pinned to the Home screen), and within each, there are my files. But the files are not scraped or formatted, they appear just as a list of files.

Am I doing something wrong here? I am trying to get my Movies, TV SHows and Home Movies folders to appear on the Home screen, and when I click on each, to show me the relevant titles (scraped, with descriptions and thumbnails).

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

MsMraz

Re: How do I add remote media folders on the Home screen?  [SOLVED]

Post by MsMraz » 04 Feb 2019, 01:50

I figured it out: MrMC and Kodi don't appear to scrape TV metadata unless the media is organized in folders with the show's name (someone should correct me if I am wrong).

I had the five seasons of Fringe ripped to five folders named Fringe: Season 1,Fringe: Season 2, etc.... and this is why there was no metadata and the TV Shows section did no appear on the Home screen. Placed all seasons in a folder named "Fringe" and MrMC scraped it and populated the menu as expected.

I guess I haven't used Kodi and MrMC in a while, and got used to Infuse on Apple TV, which scrapes everything, including loose files, as long as they are named according to the standard convention "TVShowname.SxxExx."