1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Default Audio Sync Settings based on Audio Format

Report any issues you might have in here
RhinoChaser

Default Audio Sync Settings based on Audio Format

Post by RhinoChaser »

I have a Samsung TV and an Nvidia Shield playing audio through a Sonos Beam which supports Dolby Digital (AC3).

I experience noticeable audio delay when playing Dolby which I have set to passthrough. This sync issue is not an MrMC issue but MrMC is the only app that offers a means of correcting it.

All other formats play as PCM.

When I set my audio to .250s ahead the audio syncs very well.

If I set this as default all Dolby encoded audio syncs well; however, I need to remove this setting every time I play anything that isn’t in Dolby AC3 because audio will be out of sync when playing this content with the .250s setting.

Is it possible to sync audio based on format as opposed to a default that affects everything?

The only other option I can think to use is to remove passthrough. Ironically this is why I tried MrMC I. the first place because that was my only option in plex (disable passthrough). I like the fact that MrMC offers syncing as I’ve used XBMC/Kodi for years. An automated option would be fantastic.

The difference between PCM and Dolby is very noticeable. It seems that a number of people with similar sets have sync issues as well.

I also use MrMC connected to a receiver in another room and it does a fantastic job.

Interestingly enough I don’t have this issue when playing audio using the Plex app installed on my Samsung tv but I do experience it using the media player apps on the shield.