1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV Cube - Not Ready for Prime Time.. Yet  [SOLVED]

Report any issues you might have in here
Wizard

Fire TV Cube - Not Ready for Prime Time.. Yet  [SOLVED]

Post by Wizard » 01 Dec 2018, 17:32

Having just installed my Fire TV Cube a few days ago, the issues are already surfacing for me that I see others have also experienced.

1) Lip Sync - Using Kodi 17.6, the very noticeable Sync issues are frustrating. I've tried turning off the "HARDWARE ACCELERATION" as suggested, but no joy.

2) Hearing "Echo" or Any Commands will Pause or will cause the content Playing to Pause or leave the playing Movie/TV and go back to the Choice of Streaming Sources.

I just also spoke with Amazon Customer Service and they specifically mentioned that the CUBE does "Not have the resources to perform multiple tasks"...... And "Kodi that is side-loaded is not a supported App as it is not available in the play store".....

I did share with them that my FIRE TV (2nd Gen) which is also currently connected to my TV continues to work flawlessly..... And I question that the Fire TV Cube has LESS resources than my 2nd Gen version.

The only issue that will get escalated is the Cubes failure to stop playing ANY content when it thinks it hears its wake word, or even if I do ask it something.

For those who have experienced the Lip Sync issue, where is the Adjustment for this?

On a similar subject, I did purchase a NVIDIA Shield TV last year and installed in my Denon AVR-S920W +LG OLED65B6P setup. I use ARC HDMI for all the connections with all devices (including the Fire TV) going DIRECTLY to the TV and just having a Single ARC Connection to the Denon's Input.

The Issue I immediately discovered using the NVIDIA was that ANY content that had Dolby was no coming through as "Surround" only. It was not processing the stream and I will always seek out and typically get "Dolby Digital PLUS + Dolby Surround" Output for my 5.1 /7.1 Speaker Array.

It appeared the NVIDIA was not passing the Dolby Streams as expected. Nvidia suggested going direct from the Fire TV to my the Denon, but it only allowed a Dolby "Surround" type Mode. This was the same case when I tried my Spectrum Cable Box. That got returned hoping my experience and others I subsequently read having the same issues.

And yes... all my devices have the latest Firmware updates, and the factory help lines had no further resolutions.

I welcome any suggestions.... though the CUBE is a work in progress for Amazon as they need to do updates. I would buy the Nvidia again if I knew it would pass Dolby correctly.
Last edited by Wizard on 02 Dec 2018, 14:22, edited 2 times in total.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV Cube - Not Ready for Prime Time.. Yet

Post by amet » 01 Dec 2018, 18:24

So... this is all Kodi issues? Or are you running MrMC?

Debuglog please, let @koying check if anything pops up in there

Wizard

Post by Wizard » 01 Dec 2018, 20:32

I've only ever used Kodi.... and I even tried Leia on it, but it failed to even load. And It appears it's just KODI that the Fire Cube is decidedly incompatible with at this point. Planned or Unplanned?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 01 Dec 2018, 21:20

Wizard wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 20:32
I've only ever used Kodi.... and I even tried Leia on it, but it failed to even load. And It appears it's just KODI that the Fire Cube is decidedly incompatible with at this point. Planned or Unplanned?
You would have to ask Kodi devs about that. This is a MrMC forum :)

Wizard

Post by Wizard » 01 Dec 2018, 21:35

Thanks for your reply.... The Cube is still too new to really confirm anything, and it should not be too long before we hear if its a Kodi or Cube issue of incompatibility... or worse.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 02 Dec 2018, 04:31

And again, please take it to Kodi forums... thanks!