1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

External audio?

Report any issues you might have in here
synthesized

External audio?

Post by synthesized » 01 Nov 2018, 21:25

Hey devs,
Gotta say I love this app! It just has great UX, with just the right amount of settings, and is polished, bar none. :)
Bought it before I even had my Shield properly setup; I knew I had to have it (much thanks to koying's work).

On to the topic; is external audio simply not supported in MrMC although it is supported in Kodi?
I spent quite a bit of time toying around, renaming my external audio file different things and even muxing it into an mka in attempts to get it to show up in MrMC before I decided to fire up Kodi (which I barely use) and lo and behold it loaded.
I assumed for this feature, there would be parity with Kodi since it was added a long time ago afaict.
Now it is by no means a MUST HAVE feature, I can mux my files for sure, but I figured I would ask if support was omitted intentionally.
(and both search terms 'external' and 'audio' are deemed too common by forum search, so apologies if this has been brought up earlier)

Cheers!

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: External audio?

Post by davilla » 01 Nov 2018, 23:57

synthesized wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 21:25
Hey devs,
Gotta say I love this app! It just has great UX, with just the right amount of settings, and is polished, bar none. :)
Bought it before I even had my Shield properly setup; I knew I had to have it (much thanks to koying's work).

On to the topic; is external audio simply not supported in MrMC although it is supported in Kodi?
I spent quite a bit of time toying around, renaming my external audio file different things and even muxing it into an mka in attempts to get it to show up in MrMC before I decided to fire up Kodi (which I barely use) and lo and behold it loaded.
I assumed for this feature, there would be parity with Kodi since it was added a long time ago afaict.
Now it is by no means a MUST HAVE feature, I can mux my files for sure, but I figured I would ask if support was omitted intentionally.
(and both search terms 'external' and 'audio' are deemed too common by forum search, so apologies if this has been brought up earlier)

Cheers!
Not sure what you mean by "external audio", details please.

synthesized

Re: External audio?

Post by synthesized » 02 Nov 2018, 12:51

Sorry, I definitely should have clarified!

I mean an external audio file, basically like this in a dir:

Example.Movie.x265.mkv
Example.Movie.x265.Eng.dts <- this is the external audio file, a DTS-HD MA track in my case

I also tried a different filename and muxing the dts file into an mka container, like:
Example.Movie.x265.dts
Example.Movie.x265.mka

None of them showed up as an audio track in MrMC, whereas in Kodi at least 'Example.Movie.x265.Eng.dts' showed up just as if it was another audio track.

Appreciate the response!