1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Latest update problems

Report any issues you might have in here
higginls@gmail.com

Latest update problems

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 14:38

Love this product (right up till last update), 3 Issues now (one is mostly whinning).

1. Since the most recent update I can no longer keep audio and video synced on 80-90% of my videos. (Deal breaker)
2. MrMc no longer remembers where in a video I stopped watching and doesnt offer resume or start over.
3. Hate the new rewritten GUI via my Fire tv (Previous model to current). Took 2 clicks before and now takes 4 clicks to get to favorites menu. New GUI is just far less convenient in general.

Appreciate any help (Especially item 1) Dont want to switch back to Kodi.

Thanks

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Latest update problems

Post by amet » 29 Sep 2018, 14:47

1. koying is looking into why we are having issues, I believe the temporary fix is to disable HW acceleration
2. has been fixed for next version, in the mean time change it to play in Settings/Videos/File Lists/Default select action
3. what skin is that?

higginls@gmail.com

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 15:29

Im using the default skin. I did change default color from red to blue But dont think thats an issue. It sounds like im not the only one having the problem of losing audio/video sync. Ill look at changing the HW acceleration. Thanks for tip. Hope it works.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 29 Sep 2018, 15:45

higginls@gmail.com wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 15:29
Im using the default skin. I did change default color from red to blue But dont think thats an issue. It sounds like im not the only one having the problem of losing audio/video sync. Ill look at changing the HW acceleration. Thanks for tip. Hope it works.
The default skin changed in MrMC 3.7.0 from Opacity to Ariana. Which one are you calling 'the default skin' :)

higginls@gmail.com

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 15:47

Using Opacity skin

higginls@gmail.com

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 15:49

I have no HW acceleration setting under the path you specified.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 29 Sep 2018, 15:51

Is your settings set to basic ? Toggle that to expert and it should show

higginls@gmail.com

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 15:57

OK, Yes it popped right up under advanced. Turned it off. Will I need to change that back after next update?

THANKS

higginls@gmail.com

Post by higginls@gmail.com » 29 Sep 2018, 16:20

I have only tested this on one previously problematic video and it seems to have solved the issue. Thanks much for the excellent support!!!! (Even on a Saturday LOL). I'm hoping the next update also fixes the apps ability to remember where in a video I stopped watching and offer the resume option again. Ill just have to get over the new GUI changes (insert whining here LOL). I just miss the convenience of hitting the big circle fire tv button to pause, restart and stop.

Many thanks!!! This support (I hoped) was one of the reasons I switched away from Kodi. Looks like I was right about that. Kodi is a functional product but it's a huge dinosaur that is diminished by its size complexity and here today and gone tomorrow addons that seldom work.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 29 Sep 2018, 16:32

higginls@gmail.com wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 15:57
OK, Yes it popped right up under advanced. Turned it off. Will I need to change that back after next update?

THANKS
Hopefully yes, koying is looking into why HW acceleration is being buggy