1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hue bridge pairing

Report any issues you might have in here
Bsloss

Hue bridge pairing

Post by Bsloss »

I cannot get mrmc 3.7 (on Apple TV 4th gen) to pair with my hue bridge. Every time I open the pairing screen the timer stays stuck at 0% and no amount of pushing the link button will let mrmc see the bridge. Also mrmc freezes on that screen and will not return to the previous menu (app must be force quit each time).

I’m pretty new to the whole mrmc thing so hopefully I’m missing something simple. Any pointers would be appreciated!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Hue bridge pairing

Post by amet »

Let’s see if debuglog has any info
Bsloss

Post by Bsloss »

Here’s my debug log

https://pastebin.com/tVquRri1
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Looks like you have 2 hue bridges, correct?

It’s possible that there is an error when pairing with 2 bridges, let’s see what @koying says
Bsloss

Post by Bsloss »

i do have 2 bridges. After your comment I unplugged one and was able to pair successfully. I’m hoping that plugging the other one back in after pairing won’t break anything. I’ll report back if it does.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Once the pairing is done, there shouldn't be a problem.

To be perfect, MrMC should present a list of hubs, but it's quite a bit of work for (I assume) the rare occurrence of having multiple hubs in the same network.

May I ask what is the use case of having 2 hubs?
Bsloss

Post by Bsloss »

I have a lot of hue bulbs and accessories. There’s a limit of about 50 that you can pair with one bridge, and as you approach the limit bulbs are more likely to become unresponsive. I purchased a second hub when I started noticing slowdowns and moved my upstairs lights to their own bridge which completely solved the problem. On hue forums and the /r/hue subreddit it’s not uncommon to see setups with 2 or 3 hubs so that more bulbs and accessories can be added to one home.