1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

3.7 SMB Client very slow

Report any issues you might have in here
mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 19 Sep 2018, 20:24

After uppgrading to 3.7 the SMB client has lost a lot of performance compaired to 3.6.2
Directory browsing and returning to the top folder is a lot slower than 3.6.2. In the older version it was instant. No it's always Working - please wait. Has there been any changes in caching?

Is there a way to downgrade again? I currently regret uppgrading

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3540
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by davilla » 19 Sep 2018, 20:31

mats_o wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 20:24
After uppgrading to 3.7 the SMB client has lost a lot of performance compaired to 3.6.2
Directory browsing and returning to the top folder is a lot slower than 3.6.2. In the older version it was instant. No it's always Working - please wait. Has there been any changes in caching?

Is there a way to downgrade again? I currently regret uppgrading
It's fast for me :)

which mrmc/smb client ? libsmbclient, libdsm or libsmb2 ?

mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 19 Sep 2018, 22:01

It's on an atv4K, So far I have disabled SMB stat. Tried libsmbclient , libdsm and libdsm2. Tried forcing smb1 too.

It worked on 3.6.2, upgraded to 3.7.0 - performance a lot worse on leaving a subfolder

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3540
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by davilla » 20 Sep 2018, 01:41

mats_o wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 22:01
It's on an atv4K, So far I have disabled SMB stat. Tried libsmbclient , libdsm and libdsm2. Tried forcing smb1 too.

It worked on 3.6.2, upgraded to 3.7.0 - performance a lot worse on leaving a subfolder
define performance. what exactly do you mean ? and how are you viewing, list or wall ?

mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 20 Sep 2018, 15:30

When i do back out of a subfolder it now takes more seconds than it did with 3.6.2.
With 3.6.2 it was instant ie under one second - now it takes a number of seconds (worst case over a minute) before it shows the content of the parent folder.

Another thing I found - with MrMc skin, videos in view:list. All files are reported as 0B

Edit: I will be traveling for a few days so I might be slow to respond.
Last edited by mats_o on 20 Sep 2018, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 20 Sep 2018, 17:32

And another thing

the Allow sources on Home screen feature - the reason why I did upgrade (something I deeply regrets) doesn't work on any skin besides Ariana and Opacity

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3540
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by davilla » 20 Sep 2018, 23:38

mats_o wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 15:30
When i do back out of a subfolder it now takes more seconds than it did with 3.6.2.
With 3.6.2 it was instant ie under one second - now it takes a number of seconds (worst case over a minute) before it shows the content of the parent folder.

Another thing I found - with MrMc skin, videos in view:list. All files are reported as 0B

Edit: I will be traveling for a few days so I might be slow to respond.
"it did" did what ? Be specific please.

mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 23 Sep 2018, 17:18

When I do back out of a subfolder with 3.70 it takes a very long time to show the content of the parent folder. In worst case over one minute
When I did back out of a subfolder with 3.6.2 it took les than 1 second

So in worst case 3.7.0 is at least 60 times slower then 3.6.2

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3540
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by davilla » 28 Sep 2018, 02:34

Guessing you mean that covers images take longer to populate ?

If so, it was a late bugfix for an issue deep in core that results in a missing cover(s) images. Multi-threaded item fetching was forces serial to prevent this which results in slower cover population.

High on our hit list to fix and restore is multi-threaded item fetching. It has nothing to do with file protocol (smb, nfs, etc).

mats_o
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

Re: 3.7 SMB Client very slow

Post by mats_o » 29 Sep 2018, 15:09

I must do more tests to be realy sure bit i don’t think so.

As l’m still traveling it Will be a couple of days before I can do that but my opinion is that the delay is before it tries to load any pictures/art.

Should changing to listview increase performance IF it is the problem you think it is (trying to cerater a good testcase)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests