1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC v3.7 - defaulting to guide and not now/next

Report any issues you might have in here
Benoire

MrMC v3.7 - defaulting to guide and not now/next

Post by Benoire » 19 Sep 2018, 05:45

Hi

My nVidia Shield TV has just updated MrMC to v3.7 and I see that clicking on TV takes you to the now/next list screen rather than the guide that the previous versions did. I don't see a way to change this back, so I need to ask... Is there anyway to get it back as it sucks having to press right and then selecting guide; certainly the WAF factor drops significantly.

Are you also able to say which version of kodi this is based again as 3.6 was still Jarvis and the new v18 of Kodi has the fixes for playing recorded tv while the show is still recording (prior to Kodi 18, the partly recorded TV would only show a duration at the point that you pressed play, e.g. show is 1 hour long and you hit play at 20mins in... Kodi v17 and MrMC 3.6 would only allow you to watch 20 mins and would stop where as Kodi v18 continues to playback to the full extent as it continuously extends the time available).

Cheers

Chris

amet
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC v3.7 - defaulting to guide and not now/next

Post by amet » 20 Sep 2018, 04:50

It’s still jarvis and will always be Jarvis, it’s the database compatibility that we try to keep... and of course bug fixes

Benoire

Post by Benoire » 20 Sep 2018, 07:14

Ok, so that makes it harder to implement the new Live TV API stuff... I'll leave that be as I was hoping this would be the next evolution of SPMC following the main Kodi development code, I didn't realise it wasn't.

with respect to the guide change, was that planned or have I missed something?

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 20 Sep 2018, 08:45

Benoire wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 05:45
My nVidia Shield TV has just updated MrMC to v3.7 and I see that clicking on TV takes you to the now/next list screen rather than the guide that the previous versions did. I don't see a way to change this back, so I need to ask... Is there anyway to get it back as it sucks having to press right and then selecting guide; certainly the WAF factor drops significantly.
Yes:

Settings/TV/MenuOSD/"TV Menu goes to TV Guide"