1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Going from LibreElec to MrMC

Report any issues you might have in here
sjefsbamsemumsen

Going from LibreElec to MrMC

Post by sjefsbamsemumsen » 28 Aug 2018, 17:47

I am a newbie here - and also in the Apple universe - so please accept my apologies if I should have been able to figure this out myself.

I currently run LibreElec on an Intel NUC (NUC5PPYH). As I have upgraded to a 4K TV so I am looking for how to get 4K HDR output from Kodi. I stumpled across MrMC and it seems to tick most of the boxes. However, before I buy an Apple TV I borrowed an iPad to test MrMC Lite.

After playing around a bit trying to get it up and running and talking to my MySQL DB and media library I have a couple of questions:
* I cannot get SMB to work. My server requires SMB2 or 3. I have read in other posts that SMB2/3 support will arrive in version 3.7. Is this correct?
* I use different profiles (one for the kids and one for us adults). On Libreelec I have a screen saver in the adults profile that will auto logoff the adults profile after 1 hour of inactivity to ensure that the kids only see their stuff. I understand that addons etc are not an option in MrMC, but are there other ways of achieving this?

Thanks for your help!

/Kenneth

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Going from LibreElec to MrMC

Post by amet » 28 Aug 2018, 18:29

Hi,

Smb 2/3 is arriving with version 3.7.0, not to far away... hopefully :)

As for the screensavers, as we don’t have addons we can always add a tick box in screensaver settings to logout user once screensaver kicks in... should be easy enough.

sjefsbamsemumsen

Re: Going from LibreElec to MrMC

Post by sjefsbamsemumsen » 28 Aug 2018, 19:50

Hi and thanks for the quick response!

That sounds like good news on both topics. Excellent.

Will do further testing on the iPad once 3.7 is out.