1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DTS HD HRA not working correctly on some AV receivers

Report any issues you might have in here
ogrim1

DTS HD HRA not working correctly on some AV receivers

Post by ogrim1 » 04 Aug 2018, 07:02

Hello,

not sure if you are aware of this problem yet, but for several months now, passthrough of DTS HD HRA streams is not working correctly with some AV receivers, mainly newer Denon and Marantz models.

This problem is also present in Kodi itself. It seems that the problem is understood (see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti ... pid2731291) , but nobody on the Kodi side is working on it at the moment because they have higher priorities.

Is this something you are aware of / working on?

There are several workarounds, but none of them are quite perfect:

- Disable passthrough completely: Then Atmos and DTS:X are no longer working correctly
- Disable passthrough for DTS HD: Then you only get DTS core for DTS HD MA streams (which are working fine)
- Just disable passthrough when you want to play a DTS HD HRA movie, but this is rather deep in the settings menu

Since passthrough is not working anyway at the moment on the ATV, could it be a solution to have a switch for "Passthrough only Atmos and DTS:X, decode everything else"? This would also be a good solution.

Greetings from Germany,
Michael

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: DTS HD HRA not working correctly on some AV receivers

Post by davilla » 04 Aug 2018, 13:51

samples please.

ogrim1

Re: DTS HD HRA not working correctly on some AV receivers

Post by ogrim1 » 05 Aug 2018, 06:50

Sorry, but I'm not sure which samples you mean...You can find samples for DTS HD HRA for example here https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/dts-trailers/ (e.g. SFX Short (Lossless))
The problem is only with a specific decoder chip used in some AVRs.

However, there is no need to debug the problem again. People (me not included) have understood it. LAVfilters had the same problem and fixed it (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/issues/167). Fritsch (not sure if you guys still are in contact...) also seems to know exactly what to do, but it just isn't high on his priority list.

I'm no programmer, so I don't know how to help further, but if you have something to test, I'd be happy to run a test on my system. I bought MRMC on Fire TV, Shield, TVOS and IOS (I really like it :D ) Shield is where the main problems are, since the ATV does not do any passthrough at all at the moment.