1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Android RAW Passthrough and VC-1 support

Report any issues you might have in here
lukePL

Android RAW Passthrough and VC-1 support

Post by lukePL »

Hello!

Yesterday I've tested MrMC and it's pretty good. However it lacks one of features which is available in SPMC. I can't select RAW Passthrough which is necessary for DD output on my Philips Android TV (POS9002).

Also I have a question about VC-1 which is hardware accelerated by SoC and MX Player handles it properly however every Kodi branch treats it with software decoding. Is there anything about to do with this?
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Android RAW Passthrough and VC-1 support

Post by koying »

lukePL wrote: 28 May 2018, 08:52 Yesterday I've tested MrMC and it's pretty good. However it lacks one of features which is available in SPMC. I can't select RAW Passthrough which is necessary for DD output on my Philips Android TV (POS9002).
in MrMC, RAW passthrough is enabled by disabling "Passthrough is IEC packed" option
lukePL wrote: 28 May 2018, 08:52 Also I have a question about VC-1 which is hardware accelerated by SoC and MX Player handles it properly however every Kodi branch treats it with software decoding. Is there anything about to do with this?
If you can provide a VC1 sample working in MX Player in HW+ (ie the mediacodec api) mode, there is surely something we can do about it.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

There's no problem with VC1 in MrMC.

I play VC1 files with the decoder AMC-VC1(s). Just did it to make sure I wasn't going crazy. :)
lukePL

Post by lukePL »

Thanks for reply guys!

Passthrough isn't working even after unchecking IEC, so I can't tell what's the diffrence between SPMC and MrMC.

VC-1 in MX Player is decoded via HW not HW+. It does some decent job while decoding with HW acceleration - everything is smooth and fluid. However I can't switch to HW+ decoding even after manual setup.
lukePL

Post by lukePL »

Sorry for bumping the thread but is there a possibility to address issue with passthrough?

IEC is disabled but still my AVR is dead silent. KODI does it automatically, on SPMC I'm taking RAW Passthrough. With MrMC nothing works :(

My TV is Philips 55POS9002 on Android 7. Thanks in advance.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Debuglog will be needed