1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

AirPlay sync issues

Report any issues you might have in here
ersan191

AirPlay sync issues

Post by ersan191 »

Pretty recently switched from Kodi to MrMC - trying to use HomePod for playback with MrMC and having some issues. When I first start playing it syncs perfectly fine (the video will start playing and then the audio will play a couple seconds later once it's caught up), but after a few hours of being connected to the HomePod it starts to drift. When I switch to another app (like Plex), the sync will be fine but when I switch back to MrMC it will continue to be out of sync.

Reconnecting the HomePod fixes the problem temporarily, but it will drift out of sync again after a few hours.

I'll do some more testing soon to see if there are other ways to fix it besides reconnecting and if the problem affects Kodi as well. I think it may have started with a recent firmware update.
ersan191

Re: AirPlay sync issues

Post by ersan191 »

This has gotten much worse with the latest tvOS/AirPlay 2 update - it can no longer be corrected by reconnecting the HomePod, you have to reboot the entire Apple TV to fix it now...

This also happens in Kodi - apps using the native tvOS player are not affected.

This is super disappointing and it's forcing me to go back to using the Plex tvOS app again. I don't know if MrMC/Kodi do anything specific to compensate for AirPlay latency or if it's all handled by the Apple API's, but it's definitely not working.