1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How does this track against Kodi Git?

Report any issues you might have in here
Benoire

How does this track against Kodi Git?

Post by Benoire »

Might seem like an odd question but Kodi 18 had specific updates to deal with the playback of currently recording TV and the time duration, as well as updates to the TVH TV addon to incorporate the Series ID... I presume when you pull the upstream master updates in to MrMC you would get these general improvements to, bar any further tweaks to make it fit your perspectives on the software?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: How does this track against Kodi Git?

Post by amet »

Nope, we only pull critical fixes.

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc

I have zero issues using tvheadend, daily use on Apple TV.. not sure if issues you have are Shield specific
Benoire

Post by Benoire »

I need to check this in MrMC as I have only just started and Kodi / SPMC has this issue and its only fixed in Kodi 18 that if you start to watch a program that is currently recording, it only shows you how long is left from when you hit play and not the total length, e.g. Formula 1 is generally 4 hours long including all the build up, if I have it recording and I start watching it 2 hours in, the total time shown is only 2 hours and it never increases... eventually when the 2 hours passes the stream stops and you have to start from the beginning again and find where you left off.

For the Series link recording (e.g. sky series link), some tv streams have this CRID code embedded which TVH 4.3+ has code which exposes this as an API. The TVH plugin for v18 of Kodi has this as a new record option allowing you to specify series linking rather than guide based or static recording options.

For the TV plugins, do you pull the latests changes to them, or are they static?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Pvr addons fixes are also pulled in as needed, v18 pvr addon fixes are not compatible with our code base
Benoire

Post by Benoire »

Ok I was afraid of this. Series linking is a major benefit that TVH has for fine grained recording control, it ensures that you do not get additional copies of programs and it doesn't rely on descriptions, there is the hidden variable in the stream which identifies this.

Are you aware of the issue with the recording live tv and playing back while it records and the duration not extending?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Benoire wrote: 02 May 2018, 08:31 ...
Are you aware of the issue with the recording live tv and playing back while it records and the duration not extending?
not really as I mainly use it for live sports, and recording live sports is a bit pointless to watch later once the game is finished.

I'll have a look and see if we can pinpoint the issue
Benoire

Post by Benoire »

I'm a UK expat living in NZ so time zone is +12 hours approx... F1, EPL is in the middle of night so I have to get up early to watch before work and sometimes if the games have already started I get this issue!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Benoire wrote: 02 May 2018, 09:51 I'm a UK expat living in NZ so time zone is +12 hours approx... F1, EPL is in the middle of night so I have to get up early to watch before work and sometimes if the games have already started I get this issue!
hehe, I hear you and I am not justifying the bug :)

just find it hard to watch football recorded since everything around me beeps when someone scores, I have watched football over the weekend where Sofa Score(live score app) notification was few seconds faster than live tv broadcast ...
Benoire

Post by Benoire »

I have the eurosport app and it does exactly that! I can't even get up and check my phone in case I see the notification telling me the results, it really sucks but it useful to keep track as I'm on the other side of the world.
Benoire

Post by Benoire »

Re: the code changes for TVheadend Series Linking... If I gave a link to the changes made for Kodi 18, would there by a chance of bringing them in to MrMC? I've found this to be much more predictable in terms of initial TV tuning compared to Kodi and even SPMC and I'd prefer to start the move over if possible and drop SPMC and not have to revert to Kodi.

Thanks,

Chris