1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio Output to Turtle Beach DSS

Report any issues you might have in here
Prodeje79

Audio Output to Turtle Beach DSS

Post by Prodeje79 » 21 Mar 2018, 18:59

I have an odd setup, that I somehow got working in SPMC.

I have a Fire TV 2 connected to an older Samsung LCD TV via HDMI. I then have an optical cable running out of the TV, under the carpet to the night stand where I have a Turtle Beach DSS. The DSS can basically only really use Dolby Digital. When a true DD signal is received, a special indicator light comes on and Dolby Headphone is used. I must say that is sounds really good. (here is the manual: https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-u ... sGuide.pdf )
It may be helpful to understand exactly what signals the DSS can use.

Anyway, i spent a lot of time to finally get it to work. Most of the issues were when the show/movie wasn't using DD. DTS, as an example, would not work at all. In the end I somehow got it to work by passing thru DD else sending a RAW signal or IEC or something like that.

In the perfect world, it would be slick to get MrMC to take any signal, convert to DD (or leave it DD when applicable). That is probably not possible or would require too much resources?

What solutions/settings do you recommend? It does appear the TV is willing to pass through signals OK. I figure the best available setting is to send DD passthrough, else pass generic PCM or something? Basically cannot pass DTS (or newer fancy signals) besides Dolby Digital and whatever the standard non-DD signal is.
Last edited by Prodeje79 on 21 Mar 2018, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Audio Output to Turtle Beach DSS

Post by davilla » 21 Mar 2018, 19:06

Set two channels, enable transcode to ac3. turn on ac3 pass-through. done. People have to so something very similar when using ARC-return from their HDTVs. Which is exactly what you are doing.

Might need IEC checked, might not.

Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 » 21 Mar 2018, 19:22

Awesome! I appreciate the response! I will give this a shot tonight. I recall one issue I'd have is where a HUGE LOUD CRACKING/POPPING noise would happen with certain signals. To be safe, I'd usually leave my headphones off until the audio started lol

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 21 Mar 2018, 20:07

yea, I would start with volume at a reduced level first :)