1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Mysql vs emby vs plex

Report any issues you might have in here
steve1977

Re: Mysql vs emby vs plex

Post by steve1977 » 15 Mar 2018, 17:38

Believe it or not, I just ordered one and will give it a try ;-) I doubt though that it will make a material difference to my issue. I think it is just the way how Kodi/MrMC needs to "scan" all movies when pulling up the movie list. Even when I leave the list and then go back right away, this scan happens again. When choosing the "old" default skin, I can see exactly when the "scan" finishes as this is the moment when the total movie duration is shown on bottom right. Opacity doesn't show this number, but it's around the same time that it takes until the artwork shows up smoothly.

Will keep you updated when trying Plex as server and also when trying the new ATV.

Londo2017

Post by Londo2017 » 15 Mar 2018, 18:44

I first tried emby, then short time plex and now i am stucked with mysql - Emby behaviour of collections are not as i like to work - but emby is powerfull and offer a lot of opportunities...

Mysql is easier and offer a normal kodi database feeling (collections etc) - thats why i stay there...but emby is much more powerfull, but more power means more points where i do want something else :-)

steve1977

Post by steve1977 » 25 Mar 2018, 13:34

I gave Plex a go and it is a significant improvement compared to mysql. To be precise:

MrMC with mysql - takes a few seconds for movie library to show up and then around 60-90sec for metadata to show up snappy

MrMC with Plex - takes a few seconds for movie library to show up (probably same time as mysql), but then all metadata is instantly available (no additional scan required)

MrMC with Plex addon - movie library shows up almost instantly and all metadata is there almost instantly as well

I will still experiment a bit with local caching and also time with a stop-watch next weekend.