1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Long Time Kodi/SPMC User - Hoping to Resolve Issue

Report any issues you might have in here
abathingape

Long Time Kodi/SPMC User - Hoping to Resolve Issue

Post by abathingape »

Afternoon,

I have multiple devices in my home running SPMC (v16) with a shared MySQL DB. I have an issue which I believe is widespread with the Amazon Fire TV in that it often judders/stutters when playing movies as it can't adjust the refresh rate. I've tried all recommended settings and have had no joy. My last resort is now to try MrMC on my AFTV and I have a couple questions:

1) Are you guys aware of this AFTV / refresh rate issue? I believe it's due to a botched FW update?
2) Can I use the same MySQL DB I currently use? Is it just a case of installing MrMC on my AFTV and dropping the advancedsettings.xml file in there?

Edit: My home is wired with gigabit ethernet so throughput isn't an issue.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Long Time Kodi/SPMC User - Hoping to Resolve Issue

Post by davilla »

1) Which Amazon Fire TV ? There are several with various capabilities. Seems fine on my FireTV 2.

2) We are Kodi v17 database compatible. No need for advancedsettings.xml, those settings are in settings -> services -> mysql
abathingape

Post by abathingape »

davilla wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 12:38 1) Which Amazon Fire TV ? There are several with various capabilities. Seems fine on my FireTV 2.

2) We are Kodi v17 database compatible. No need for advancedsettings.xml, those settings are in settings -> services -> mysql
I am using the AFTV 2nd Gen running OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720) which was installed just last week, however this issue has been affecting me for months now. Which OS are you on? It's the most frustrating thing ever as it has rendered my device useless.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

abathingape wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 12:48
davilla wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 12:38 1) Which Amazon Fire TV ? There are several with various capabilities. Seems fine on my FireTV 2.

I am using the AFTV 2nd Gen running OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720) which was installed just last week, however this issue has been affecting me for months now. Which OS are you on? It's the most frustrating thing ever as it has rendered my device useless.
OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720)

I just checked, 1080p/24, no issues.
abathingape

Post by abathingape »

davilla wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 12:54
abathingape wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 12:48

OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720)

I just checked, 1080p/24, no issues.
I believe it's related to this:
http://www.aftvnews.com/fire-tv-update- ... -and-spmc/
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

What can I say, seems fine for me. Original post was about FireTV1.