1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

SMB nor STFP working

Report any issues you might have in here
se3mvp

SMB nor STFP working

Post by se3mvp »

Hey guys, im back to square one. I have tried everything and yet im still stuck in the mud. After putting all of my permissions correct on my iMac running high sierra, and sharing the folders I need on that side, I configured and added those folders via smb on mrmc. for a couple of days it worked, and yes i did turn on libdsm for smb servers, I did input user name and password when adding the share. but now, when i go to watch my movies, the lock preferences screen continuously pops up when i click on any of the folders im sharing from my iMac.

I put in the username and password of my iMac, and yet that screen just keeps looping, never accepting the credentials it seems. as of right now, i have everything shared thru zero config. but now even when i go back to look at the folders there, the lock preferences screen pops up and juts loops, no matter how many times i put in the credentials. then, i thought maybe i might try and instead just share the folders thru windows smb. but alas, when i try and go in and add the folders that way, AGAIN, the lock preferences screen pops up, and no matter how many times i put in the username and password, it just keeps looping and won't take them.

what am i doing wrong? this is why I wish high sierra didn't break ftp, although it isn't as fast or consistent as smb, at least it is easy to configure. if any of you guys can help me i would greatly appreciate it. i would like my files shared either sftp (which i do have remote login checked on my iMac) or smb....
amet
Team MrMC

Re: SMB nor STFP working

Post by amet »

libdsm should not have any issues with it ...

have you tried adding your shares using your iMac IP address rather than zeroconfig?

maybe, just maybe debuglog has some information ...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

To quote somewhere else :)

There are a few things to check.

1. SMB is enabled on your Mac (more info here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204445).
2. At least one user is selected under 'Windows File Sharing' (as shown under 'Advanced Options' in the link above).
3. Selected username and password are being entered in MrMC.

Note: iCloud username/password cannot be used. If you're using an iCloud ID to log in to your Mac, you will need to set up a new 'Sharing Only' user as described here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18695
se3mvp

Post by se3mvp »

Hey Davilla, everything you asked is done as far as smb activated and user selected, BUT, one thing sticks out: INFUSE. what is infuse? I don't have that? Normally what I do is go to videos>files>add videos>windows smb> and enter the info as far as mac ip address, and folders i want to share, which are shared in my sharing folder. and I don't use an iCloud login for the mac just a regular user password.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Sorry c/p error, should be MrMC
se3mvp

Post by se3mvp »

Oh ok, yea Davilla I even went as far as to make a completely new account on the mac just for sharing, still no dice.