1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DVD/Menu Support on AppleTV 4???

Report any issues you might have in here
timstephens24

Re: DVD/Menu Support on AppleTV 4???

Post by timstephens24 »

f1d094 wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 18:24Now that PLEX has added DVR support, and Roku has gone to complete crap (latest firmware has made many apps horrible to use, and the Netflix Auto-Preview crap drives me insane) I am looking to drop Roku altogether and migrate away from MythTV. It looks like we can do this by jumping to AppleTV, which will provide all of the features/apps we want (as soon as Amazon Video drops) and even add a few features like Apple Video and fancy screensavers.
Side note: Check out Channels (getchannels.com) for DVR. I can't say enough good things over MythTV/Plex/etc that I've used. It runs comskip and everything you'd want, but it's a little higher price than Plex. Devs there are like devs here... two dudes and they're very responsive.
f1d094

Post by f1d094 »

Channels does look very cool. Thx! Will check it out.
f1d094

Post by f1d094 »

Looxoor wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 20:31
f1d094 wrote:Thank you both for the precise answers. The ATV4s will be connected via ethernet, so clearly the MySQL db is optimal for them.

Thanks again.
I think you'll be thoroughly pleased with the setup, but I'd just like to recommend that (if you have a 802.11ac router) you use wifi instead of the 100 Mbit/s ethernet of the ATV4, if you in the future will be watching maybe Blu-ray rips or anything else more bandwidth craving than DVD:s.
The consensus of this forum is that you'll see great performance increases that way.

Over and out.
Looxor,

Thank you for the reply...I only just saw this.

I don't think I've used 100Mbit Ethernet in a decade. This would be GigE which is not only faster, but is a physical cable which is vastly superior for reliable packet transmission. Anyone who is telling you that wireless is better than a wired connection either has miserable cables, switches, or both. I appreciate that you are trying to help, but it pains me to think that you are providing inappropriate guidance to those who may not know better. Wifi might be better in some instances where the port speed of the devices or swtiches are only 100Mbit and reception is excellent and without interference, such as line-of-sight; but in the many cases even 802.11ac will not offer the speed of a 100Mbit wired connection if there is a lot of background noise or the distance to the router is too far, etc. For example, 5ghz is terrible at going through walls. It might even be that 2.4ghz 802.11n may do better than 802.11ac depending on the layout. If you are in a dense urban area and want to go across a 2 floor apartment like ours however, both will be pretty poor. AC cannot transmit through the walls well and the 2.4ghz spectrum is so poluted as to lose 50% of its transmission capability in most areas.

In the future, please be certain to *ask* about the person's environment first. By jumping to a wireless solution just because it is 'ac' may be doing more harm than good.

All that said, thank you for being an active member of the community and taking the time to help. It is always nice to see others willing to take a few mins to help out a stranger.

Cheers.