1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Some dumb GUI questions  [SOLVED]

Report any issues you might have in here
RobinWatts

Some dumb GUI questions

Post by RobinWatts »

Hi all,

I've been ripping my DVDs and Blu-Rays to a NAS for playback, and in the course of doing so I have come across a few niggles. I bet these can be solved if only I knew how... Any hints would be much appreciated.

1) Theatrical/Special Editions.

My Alien/Alien/Alien3 etc discs have both the theatrical release and the special editions on. I've ripped both as separate MKV files. The library fetches the data from IMDB, and can be persuaded to recognise both as "Alien", but with no reference to which edition. As a result my "Alien Collection" contains 2 "Alien" films - the only way to tell which is which is to go into the submenu and look at the filename.

Is there a way to allow it to override the IMDB name with one of my own, but keep the rest of the film info?

2) Tous Les Matins Du Monde.

IMDB picks that up, and insists on calling the film "All the mornings of the world". Really? Is there any way to override that back to the real name? I guess this is the same question as 1) really.

3) Abyss Special Edition/Theatrical Edition.

Can I put both of these into a new collection? When I tried to create a collection it didn't seem to work. Anyone else had problems with this stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Some dumb GUI questions

Post by amet »

Its a bit of a manual labour to set up but its not too difficult ...

1) add both Alien movies, theatrical and special edition, then you can rename them by selecting the item and in context menu(long press select on remote) -> Manage -> Edit title

2) I have fair amount of foreign movies, and found that using Universal Scraper works the best. It has a setting to Keep original title language. or you can just manually edit like in 1.

3) sets work just fine here, but make sure you have enabled the sets in Settings -> Videos -> Library -> Group movies in sets

hope it helps, let us know how you do.
amet
RobinWatts

Post by RobinWatts »

Hi,

1 and 2 both solved by using the "Edit Titles" thing, thanks.

3) however is still resolutely refusing to work for me.

Some more details: I have 2 files on an SMB share:

The Abyss (Theatrical Version) (1989).mkv
The Abyss (Special Edition) (1989).mkv

They both show up in the movie view.

So, I move to the Theatrical edition, long press select to get the menu, choose "Manage set...", choose "Move to new set" and enter "The Abyss Collection", and Done.

I return to the video page with no change at all in what was showing.

If I go back into "Manage set..." it tells me it's in "The Abyss Collection", and I get the option of moving it out. Exit without doing that.

Now go to the Special Edition, long press select to the get the menu, choose "Manage set...", and "The Abyss Collection" is not mentioned anywhere in the options.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Thanks!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

you have enabled the sets as I mentioned earlier?
RobinWatts

Post by RobinWatts »

amet wrote: 21 Jul 2017, 07:49 you have enabled the sets as I mentioned earlier?
Yeah, I have loads of other stuff in sets (sets that it picked up automatically); The Godfather collection, The Alien collection etc etc.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

not sure, I have no issues with Sets at all...

maybe a debuglog capturing those actions will show us what goes wrong
theRCRH

Post by theRCRH »

Concerning the Abyss set I think the following is happening: MrMC is identifying the first movie as part of a set but not the second. I believe that if you select the second movie and MANUALLY create the set (with the exact same name as the existing set - EXACTLY THE SAME) both movies will go into the set. I had to do this with the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies. I had to select the first movie, create the "LOTR Extended Collection" set and then select the second movie and create the "LOTR Extended Collection" set again. Only after two movies were in the set was I able to just select it for the third movie.
Good Luck!
RobinWatts

Re: Some dumb GUI questions  [SOLVED]

Post by RobinWatts »

theRCRH wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 15:27 Concerning the Abyss set I think the following is happening: MrMC is identifying the first movie as part of a set but not the second. I believe that if you select the second movie and MANUALLY create the set (with the exact same name as the existing set - EXACTLY THE SAME) both movies will go into the set. I had to do this with the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies. I had to select the first movie, create the "LOTR Extended Collection" set and then select the second movie and create the "LOTR Extended Collection" set again. Only after two movies were in the set was I able to just select it for the third movie.
Good Luck!
That's spot on! Doing that cured it. Thanks!