1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Official Plex add-on for Kodi

Public Announcements and News subforum
cosmoxl

Re: Official Plex add-on for Kodi

Post by cosmoxl »

Gkfisher wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 22:54 I bought MrMC for its plex integration. Would love to be able to see “continue watching” options as this is the only gap I see.

Subtitle support is so much better (although I still have some issues with forced subs only playing).

Thanks.
With the integrated plex you don't see the "in progress" section for tv shows and movies? Isn't that the same as "continue watching"?
tredman

Post by tredman »

I tried the new plex add on yesterday and really don't see why this is better than the native integration, other than making it a more jarring experience.

Is there any reason to switch from native plex to the new addon at all?
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

tredman wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 08:50 I tried the new plex add on yesterday and really don't see why this is better than the native integration, other than making it a more jarring experience.

The main reason for me is the UI; Plex add-on offers an excellent home page with clean layout and easy server switching. But, of course, it’s a personal taste.
inariel12

Post by inariel12 »

tredman wrote:I tried the new plex add on yesterday and really don't see why this is better than the native integration, other than making it a more jarring experience.

In my case, the “in progress” elements in MrMC home are not ordered properly (by recently viewed as it is in on deck plex) so I have to scroll right to find the last elements I was seeing. The order is correct into plex addon.
The other point that it doesn’t seem to work fine (for me) is the “play next” automatically: into MrMC if I start to see an episode the next one is not reproduced automatically but I have to select it. Using other words, when the episode has been completed MrMC comes back to the menu. Into plex addon, it works fine.

On the other side, I don’t like so much the look and feel of the plex addon video player and scrolling between elements doesn’t seem so smooth as into tvOS and MrMC.
This is my personal experience.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

The personal preferences aside, I see a very practical advantage of the Plex add-on, that is the add-on is , hopefully, maintained by the Plex team who a) has a first hand knowledge of the integration aspects, and b) relieves the MrMC development team to a large extend and make them concentrate on other MrMC specific issues. This is one of the big benefits of the return of Python.
What applies for Plex applies also to Emby.
tredman

Post by tredman »

Found one benefit - previously I have used profiles directly in mrmc to stop the kids accessing adult content. This is a pain when you just want to pick up the remote and watch live TV - by switching to the plex addon authentication occurs in the addon, so means live TV is quicker to access.
Gkfisher

Post by Gkfisher »

The add-on works well. Very similar to within KODI - in fact one of the same bugs as KODI. Maybe since you guys are the experts you can comment (and fix.. hehe):

Nearly all of my 4k h265 content plays great (and via DirectPlay vs. transcode) but one file I have (newer rip) won’t direct play. It forces transcode. Oddly audio transcode to 2.0 and video to h264.

If I native play in plex app on Shield it works great. Or if I direct play in MrMC via plex integration (not add-on) it also works. What would cause this? Maybe the h265 file is a newer h265 version??
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

tredman wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 20:24 Found one benefit - previously I have used profiles directly in mrmc to stop the kids accessing adult content. This is a pain when you just want to pick up the remote and watch live TV - by switching to the plex addon authentication occurs in the addon, so means live TV is quicker to access.
I didn't think live tv was available in the plex add-on :?: :?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Gkfisher wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 19:26 The add-on works well. Very similar to within KODI - in fact one of the same bugs as KODI. Maybe since you guys are the experts you can comment (and fix.. hehe):

Nearly all of my 4k h265 content plays great (and via DirectPlay vs. transcode) but one file I have (newer rip) won’t direct play. It forces transcode. Oddly audio transcode to 2.0 and video to h264.

If I native play in plex app on Shield it works great. Or if I direct play in MrMC via plex integration (not add-on) it also works. What would cause this? Maybe the h265 file is a newer h265 version??
strange indeed. you've have video quality set to original in plex add-on settings?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Gkfisher wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 19:26 The add-on works well. Very similar to within KODI - in fact one of the same bugs as KODI. Maybe since you guys are the experts you can comment (and fix.. hehe):

mediainfo on that file, please.