1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

PlexClient in MrMC - Testflight

Public Announcements and News subforum
pecinko

Re: PlexClient in MrMC - Testflight

Post by pecinko »

i have 5 users in plex home all are listed fine. Pin protection is working as well. However I can see only the server that is shared with me while my own is missing from the list. Shared server is available in my admin profile only (as it should) and logging as a non-admin user gives me an empty servers list (only ".." item is there).

I have tried with both GDM in user/pass login but local server remains unlisted. Everything seems to work fine on a shared server side.

btw, is system setting the only place where I ca switch to another user or have I missed something?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

pecinko wrote:i have 5 users in plex home all are listed fine. Pin protection is working as well. However I can see only the server that is shared with me while my own is missing from the list. Shared server is available in my admin profile only (as it should) and logging as a non-admin user gives me an empty servers list (only ".." item is there).

I have tried with both GDM in user/pass login but local server remains unlisted. Everything seems to work fine on a shared server side.

btw, is system setting the only place where I ca switch to another user or have I missed something?
Are these 'missing' servers under PMS control ? "My Home" I think it's called.

For now, yes. system->settings->servers->plex client. We want to add other ways but one step at a time :)

Does this VC-1 play direct ? That is not using the PlexClient.
joshy123

Post by joshy123 »

Are the channels part of plex possible to intergrate?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

joshy123 wrote:Are the channels part of plex possible to intergrate?
Sure but, one thing at a time. We want to get movies/shows working well, then add music, pictures and things like channels.
Gasz234

Post by Gasz234 »

The Plex integration on MrMC is the best I ever see.

All server listed, login without problems.

Things that seems to doesn't work.

1) Search plex library
2) Select one version when more that one exist for the same movie. (for example, one movie with 2D and 3D Version)

A suggestion, When you are on Poster view, select a movie and go to video information, not to play immediately.

Great work, This product is worth every € paid.

Sorry my bad english.

Regards, Gustavo.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Last thing you can change in Mrmc settings- play action: play/info/ask

Maybe hold play can be re-mapped to go to info screen OR select opens info screen while play button starts the playback?
krantzet

Post by krantzet »

It really works great!
No problems at all after a few days of testning.
So happy to use the subtitles service in mcmr instead of plex!

One small thing for the wish list :
I have several different libaries in Movies and Tv-series in Plex Media Server, for example Movies, Kids Movies and Music Dvd. When they show up Mrmc they show :

Plex (0) - Computer Namn - Libary name which is good enough but it would be great if it was possible to rename them and also add a picture for each Libary / Category.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Name of the library is as you set it on plex webui, we have no control over it... we only add "Plex (x) bit to distinguish from our local database.

As for the photo in each section, I'll check if plex provides any images in there... if so, we can use that

Plex subtitles have been fixed and will be available in next TestFlight

Thanks for testing!
raven-au

Post by raven-au »

Hi,

I've installed the testflight app on two ATV4s.

PGS subtitles appear to be working fine.

Passthrough of DD and DTS works OK to a TX-NR646 receiver but not to a AVR-X1200W.
I think that's a tvOS bug though, since it works fine from current Kodi on Android TV over ARC and is broken in InFuse too.

I can't really comment on the client though because I don't know what your plan is, in particular what to expect from your initial implementation.

The basic Movies and TV Shows are present and play ok, including the audio delay I've also seen on Kodi in my environment, but that's about all AFAICS, the connection failure message at startup is annoying but you know about that.

Ian
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

How soon after startup do you see 'Movies' ann/or 'TV Shows' appear in home ?