1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

*** FireTV 2.1.0 released ***

Public Announcements and News subforum
amet
Team MrMC

*** FireTV 2.1.0 released ***

Post by amet » 26 Apr 2016, 04:45

MrMC for FireTV 2.1.0 has been released.

+ bump core to match jarvis 16.1 RC2
+ bump to AE/17 and friends
+ added skin SIO2
+ added rar
+ added DVD iso/img playback, no VIDEO_TS yet
+ bumped all PVR addons
+ added music visualisations
+ fixed, iOS/tvOS. poke pvr manager when we re-enter foreground
+ fixed, bring back dvd settings
+ pvr handling changes, buffer and friends
+ fixed, tvOS keyboard handling
+ fixed, pvr livetv buffering issue.
+ fixed, calling into smbc_stat with empty strings
+ fixed, nextpvr crashing when response is not ok.
+ changed LiveTV buffering, see GUI settings->tv->playback for 'LiveTV playback wait time'
+ fixed audio sink for non-pass-through
+ fixed demux pause flood (hits TVH clients)
+ fixed stack overflow using json and tcpserver.

Tonyj64

Re: *** FireTV 2.1.0 released ***

Post by Tonyj64 » 26 Apr 2016, 09:48

Installed and been setting up NFS shares. Played around watched a couple of movies using passthrough, so far flawless for me.
In fact dont know why but on my fire tv2 i always had stutter on kodi and spmc but so far this seems to have gone with mrmc .Whatever the reason thanks for your work.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 26 Apr 2016, 10:26

great, thanks for letting us know... any issues, you know where to find us :)

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Apr 2016, 20:10

Haha, we seem to be getting several bogus negative reviews. Allow me to set thing right.

Long, long ago. Myself and another person spent an entire year porting XBMC/Kodi to Android. That's right, I'm one of the original author/coder for it. I also did the original atv port to XBMC/Kodi and a few other ports but that's another story. I was also part of the few that maintained the Android port. I'm also #4 in commits to the kodi codebase, still there even though I 'retired' from team-kodi. I retired because I did not like the direction it was headed and no one would listen. Fast forward to today, Kodi brand is completely tarnished by the parasites and pirates that take the releases, re-pack them to include crap addons, install and sell it for a quick buck, then vanish in the night. Seems my foresight has come true.

MrMC was started to be free from those very addons that caused the problem in the first place. It began as a simple fork and has moved on to be much more. We focus on user stability and not shiny, niche features. For example, the integration of external mysql in the GUI. We have much, much more in place and planned for the future. We are already considered upstream for Kodi iOS/tvOS backports. We plan to envelope Android too, starting with the FireTV.

And so Python and the addons are gone, forever. Some day, they might be replaced with something cleaner, better and easier to control.

If you as a consumer want something simple to install, is very stable and supported. Then pick us. If not, then sideload Kodi, we don't really care. We know where we are going, Kodi does not even have an Android maintainer anymore and v16.x release has issues, v17 is just broke for Android. The future looks very bad for Kodi on Android. There is another port, SPMC. Also done by a previous Kodi Android maintainer who left. If you are looking for free, then pick SPMC.

Are we Kodi, well yes and no. Yes, we do share some of the same codebase but beyond that, no. MrMC is MrMC moving forward. If you want Kodi, then sideload Kodi and move on, you are not the customer we want to attract. There it is, plain and simple.

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 26 Apr 2016, 21:16

davilla wrote: MrMC was started to be free from those very addons that caused the problem in the first place ... For example, the integration of external mysql in the GUI...
Bravo

jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 » 27 Apr 2016, 22:54

Sadly, Kodi seems to attract some strange, tribal support. Mostly from people who get open source confused with a god given right to have free software, and also use Kodi to stream pirated content (god given right to get free movies?). I always groan whenIi see a post on hotukdeals trying to explain that the 'point' of Kodi is to run some horrid add-on (Genesis or whatever the current working version is called :evil: ).

I can't thank you enough for your efforts with Mrmc. For me, I have always had 2 requirements; Good tvheadend support, and good support for my home movie collection. Mrmc excels at both, and is pretty much used 90% of the time on our AppleTv. We don't use any other device to watch tv.

I used to use Kodi on a NUC, but got fed up with the unreliability. It could crash, just stop working, and i would get a call from the wife whilst at work and have to go through the whole nonsense of trying to reboot the 'windows' box connected to the tv. Mrmc on the Appletv just works, and never causes me any problems.

There are lots of us that thank you for the great effort, and look forward to the changes ahead. We just don't shout as much as the mob!

Jim

undead1512

Post by undead1512 » 28 Apr 2016, 12:02

davilla wrote:We focus on user stability and not shiny, niche features.
There are many of us here who aren't into all the bells and whistles that Kodi might have but rather need a stable and dependable application that produces a high quality (stutterfree etc) playback. If there are clever little options that increase usability (for example kiosk mode) then they are valuable features and should be added but like you said, the focus is on stability. That was great to hear and keep up the good work !

chanakya

Post by chanakya » 05 May 2016, 23:37

Just wanted to say that I have purchased Mrmc and things look great in fire tv 2. Anyone know if 24fps is working properly?

Tight_wad

Post by Tight_wad » 07 May 2016, 02:22

Just installed, works great, thank you.

Movie index is strange. Two different sort indexes of movies if show parent is enabled and not enabled.

Also would prefer if possible to have "a" ignored like "the".

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hankster

Post by Hankster » 13 May 2016, 15:17

davilla wrote:Haha, we seem to be getting several bogus negative reviews. Allow me to set thing right.

Long, long ago. Myself and another person spent an entire year porting XBMC/Kodi to Android. That's right, I'm one of the original author/coder for it. I also did the original atv port to XBMC/Kodi and a few other ports but that's another story. I was also part of the few that maintained the Android port. I'm also #4 in commits to the kodi codebase, still there even though I 'retired' from team-kodi. I retired because I did not like the direction it was headed and no one would listen. Fast forward to today, Kodi brand is completely tarnished by the parasites and pirates that take the releases, re-pack them to include crap addons, install and sell it for a quick buck, then vanish in the night. Seems my foresight has come true.

MrMC was started to be free from those very addons that caused the problem in the first place. It began as a simple fork and has moved on to be much more. We focus on user stability and not shiny, niche features. For example, the integration of external mysql in the GUI. We have much, much more in place and planned for the future. We are already considered upstream for Kodi iOS/tvOS backports. We plan to envelope Android too, starting with the FireTV.

And so Python and the addons are gone, forever. Some day, they might be replaced with something cleaner, better and easier to control.

If you as a consumer want something simple to install, is very stable and supported. Then pick us. If not, then sideload Kodi, we don't really care. We know where we are going, Kodi does not even have an Android maintainer anymore and v16.x release has issues, v17 is just broke for Android. The future looks very bad for Kodi on Android. There is another port, SPMC. Also done by a previous Kodi Android maintainer who left. If you are looking for free, then pick SPMC.

Are we Kodi, well yes and no. Yes, we do share some of the same codebase but beyond that, no. MrMC is MrMC moving forward. If you want Kodi, then sideload Kodi and move on, you are not the customer we want to attract. There it is, plain and simple.
Davilla,

MrMC is exactly what you promised, hell I bought the AppleTV FOR MrMC! I saw your first teaser on the Kodi forums and checking for progress on the project became a daily obsession. You guys delivered.

Agreed on all your points, the Kodi support forums are full of crashes based on crap add-ons, folks who buy your product based on little research then complain and give one star ratings because it does not allow them to install acces to garbage, well that just sucks, but don't let it get you down, plays everything I throw at it and has a WAF of 10 out of 10.

Keep it up!