1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Skin Support

Public Announcements and News subforum

Which skins do you use (or want to use) on tvOS.

Poll ended at 24 Mar 2016, 16:09

MrMC (modified confluence)
30%
Amber
25%
PM3.HD
4%
Bello
6%
Mimic
30%
SiO2
6%

Total votes: 53

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Future Skin Support

Post by amet »

We have never claimed that we will keep in alignment with Kodi code, one thing we keep doing is maintaining database compatibility with current kodi releases.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

houndtt wrote:I was hoping that for the most part that the MrMC codebase would be in alignment with Kodi so it would benefit from the user development in the main community. Is this not the strategy? If not, how does MrMC plan to keep itself updated and relevant?
If the purpose of MrMC was just to mirror Kodi, then there would be no point of forking/rebranding MrMC in the 1st place. As time goes on, MrMC will diverge more and more from Kodi as we just don't agree with certain directions that Team Kodi is pursuing. There is a reason why they still do not have an android maintainer, after over a year.

Kodi devs can certainly benefit from our changes but it is up to them to bring them in to Kodi. We have done PRs (pull requests) in the past and the only thing that developed was frustration as the bike-shed factor is quite high. We would rather spend our time fixing bugs and add features to MrMC.
houndtt

Post by houndtt »

Thanks for your respective responses. I guess I was worried that MrMC may start falling behind over time but it seems from what you are saying that your product will tend to be more agile in its development and thus will continue to remain relevant. As such, should the Kodi team eventually release a version which Apple does accept I should feel relatively confident with your product and would have no reason to go rushing back to install their app on my iOS or tvOS platform.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Changing a skin does not change the UI in principle. The UI in Kodi and current MrMC are the same. In fact, it is a "Windows-like" UI from the 80's in the sense of deep menus, too many parameters which Leeds to a large set of combinations. On Apple TV, examples of better UI can be found in Squire, DS Video/Infuse (I am not sure which "inspired" the other) or even the, old-timer, Plex.

Regarding the current skins of MrMC, I think it is safe to remove the PM3 skin, add the Dark-mode to the SiO2 skin (as in the original one), introduce the Mimic and/or Arctic skins would improve the user experience.
hot22shot

Post by hot22shot »

Any news on the new skin ?
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

hot22shot wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 15:01 Any news on the new skin ?
I'm also curious. There was talk of a better skin to use with Plex integration?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

We have said this before, new skin is in the works... we are working on it and it will be released once it's ready and we are happy with it. We don't want to release something that's half finished and create more problems :)
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

Thanks for the update. Didn't mean to be a pest about it. Looking forward to testing again.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Itzme1234 wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 17:23 Thanks for the update. Didn't mean to be a pest about it. Looking forward to testing again.
Not at all :)

We tend to overthink it and overdo it ... it will be in TestFlight soon... no eta :)
Londo2017

Post by Londo2017 »

I really love some skins, but i do need to see the year and the duration of a Movie in a list view (it must not show in the list, but it has to show up in the movie description)...this is what many list views of skins do not have :-(

Thats why I do prefer amber...everything i need!

Mimic is beautiful, but does not support that - it does not show the duration without jumping into the special movie details screen :-(Please add that somewhere (f.e. besides the genre or the year or in a media flag box etc...)