1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Skin Support

Public Announcements and News subforum

Which skins do you use (or want to use) on tvOS.

Poll ended at 24 Mar 2016, 16:09

MrMC (modified confluence)
30%
Amber
25%
PM3.HD
4%
Bello
6%
Mimic
30%
SiO2
6%

Total votes: 53

Everbrave

Re: Future Skin Support

Post by Everbrave »

Removing unpopular skins help reduce the app size.
What about keeping only the first THREE most voted skins?
From the votes, it would be Amber, MIMIC (to be integrated) and MrMC.

Is MIMIC coming at all?

EDIT: I personally would choose Estuary without hesitation; it is easy on the eyes, functional and plain simple to use.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Agree. It may be good to remove PM3.HD, Bello, SiO2, Confluence, re-Touched. These are all very old skins and some of them have not seen the latest update and don't properly work anymore.

This would leave us with:

TVOS: MrMC (Opacity), Black Glass Nova, Amber
IOS: MrMC (Opacity)

This would make it three for TVOS and just one for IOS. Hopefully, Black Glass Nova will also become available for IOS as the Kodi original version supports touchscreens.

Mimic and and potentially Nebula would be modern skins that may also be considered to complete the line-up.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 10:38EDIT: I personally would choose Estuary without hesitation; it is easy on the eyes, functional and plain simple to use.
I agree on this as well (and even more so for Estouchy), but one of the developers commented that this won't happen.

I am glad that Black Glass Nova got recently included, which is quite modern. IOS is still missing.

Maybe we will see Mimic and/or Nebula, which would make a solid line-up.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

steve1977 wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 09:51
Everbrave wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 10:38EDIT: I personally would choose Estuary without hesitation; it is easy on the eyes, functional and plain simple to use.
I agree on this as well (and even more so for Estouchy), but one of the developers commented that this won't happen.

I am glad that Black Glass Nova got recently included, which is quite modern. IOS is still missing.

Maybe we will see Mimic and/or Nebula, which would make a solid line-up.
Of course, people have different tastes, but I personally don't like the glossy, 3D, colourful skins, they are distracting and optically heavy in my opinion, that includes Black Glass Nova.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I agree with you and the more modern skins are “lighter”. Estuary is indeed very good, but not planned according to the developers.

Mimic would be nice. i also like nebula, which is developed by the same person as black glass nova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tgxcorporation

Future Skin Support

Post by Tgxcorporation »

The Nebula, Chroma and Andromeda skins are planned to be added to Mrmc as well. I’m just waiting for the team to add some specific skin engine enhancements from Krypton. This would make it easier for me to convert my skins.

Thanks

Tgx
mata77

Post by mata77 »

i have to be honest, the only thing stop me from buying MrMC on apple tv is the UI, it fell to me like 1998 media center, you guys really need to get better skins, talk to Aeon Nox or silvo, Titan skin, thus are really nice modern skins, but i believe you need to do something fast to get more costumer like my self that care about elegance

anyway good luck and happy new year
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

mata77 wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 06:54 i have to be honest, the only thing stop me from buying MrMC on apple tv is the UI, it fell to me like 1998 media center, you guys really need to get better skins, talk to Aeon Nox or silvo, Titan skin, thus are really nice modern skins, but i believe you need to do something fast to get more costumer like my self that care about elegance

anyway good luck and happy new year
I agree ...
https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... ffe4b9b9ba

EDIT:
I installed Titan skin (3.7 beta) on the side-loaded version of Kodi which I use for experimental purposes like this.
I must admit, the Netflix theme is very close to what I want (save for small tweaks here and there).
Last edited by Everbrave on 02 Jan 2018, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I agree on the 1998 point on the skin / GUI.

MrMC stands out because davilla is hands-down the most talented IOS media player developer. He is the one who did the original IOS port of Kodi and really knows his stuff. He used to be part of the Kodi team before MrMC. I hope he doesn't take offense if I were to say that skin design may not be his forte.

Also, I would have loved davilla to stay part of the Kodi team and releasing MrMC under the brand of Kodi (even as paid app). I assume that this was discussed and the other Kodi developers were not open to this.

I would also like to see Estuary/Estouchy or Titan on MrMC and I also like the idea to kill variety and go skinless.

With this not being an option for now, I very much look forward to Nebula coming to MrMC (hopefully both TVOS and IOS). Among the discussed options, this is clearly the best skin and Tgxcorporation taking interest in MrMC may also secure future updates. I haven't used any of his skins yet, but Nebula with its themes looks like modern and "light" to me.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

just to be clear, we can add any skin to iOS. Black Glass Nova was not included in iOS as we have tried to get it out quickly before Christmas and there was not enough time to test it on iOS platform.

if there is enough interest for it on iOS we will look into it