1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC grows :)

Public Announcements and News subforum
SUPERBIF

Re: MrMC grows :)

Post by SUPERBIF »

That's great news. Will he also be able to use his superpower to help with Apple Tvos version? I know it's different but perhaps some ideas can be used also in that OS. I have 2 x Shield and have used SPMC with great pleasure but have moved on to Apple tv and MrMC because of Apple TVs features.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

People bitching about this on reddit, linking to the AFTVnews article.

It seems the morons don't comprehend
1) the problem with add-ons and getting into app stores.
2) that their beloved Kodi is taking code from y'all when they want to (instead they claim y'all basically stole)
3) what the cited article says about the future of MrMC.

I get angry reading it, I can't imagine how the devs feel.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

well, here are few facts... which i am sure you know... Kodi devs know and we know, but none of the kodi followers like to acknowledge

1. davilla made the XBMC run on appletv1...

2. davilla and gimli made the first working iOS(and appletv2) version of XBMC(Kodi) with a very little help from me, basic testing and some work on the launcher. https://www.engadget.com/2011/01/20/xbm ... available/ note the iPhone 4, thats my phone running XBMC... :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7jmYS6FKg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4PSxU4AmY first ever video of XBMC running on ATV2, I know cos its my house ...

3. davilla and theuni ported XBMC to andorid devices starting this xbmc/kodi pandemic on android.

4. EVERYONE has quickly forgotten all that and calls us thiefs, we should be ashamed that we are using Kodi opensource code to profit from it... WTF??

5. Kodi on tvOS exists cos we have kept to true opensource philosophy and all this code is pulled back to Kodi branch

6. EVERYONE still calls us thifs for stealing tvOS version of Kodi and selling it on apple store... WTF??

7. koying singlehandedly maintained android port for years, and it seems it was an uphill battle ... he can maybe share more of that experience :)

I can name more if you like, but I think its enough... :)

amet
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

That screenshot from end 2015 (the thread was subsequently deleted by "who-cannot-be-named") pretty much summarizes it. Image (credits to flixed.io for the picture)

I'm soft, I tried again at Kodi (surprisingly, SPMC had a lot of traction and just grew too large for me to handle), but yeah, even platform-agnostic code is basically impossible to merge there, anymore, unless you kiss some a***, which is not my definition of "fun" ;)

PS: That was about implementing HD audio for Android in Kodi 16, btw
Slice314

Post by Slice314 »

koying wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 15:44 That screenshot from end 2015 (the thread was subsequently deleted by "who-cannot-be-named") pretty much summarizes it. Image (credits to flixed.io for the picture)

I'm soft, I tried again at Kodi (surprisingly, SPMC had a lot of traction and just grew too large for me to handle), but yeah, even platform-agnostic code is basically impossible to merge there, anymore, unless you kiss some a***, which is not my definition of "fun" ;)

PS: That was about implementing HD audio for Android in Kodi 16, btw
Well said Cris, I have been a mere witness during the last few months, I remember when you tried to merge new code (ported from SPMC) to allow Kodi downgrading the resolution (and not just upgrading).

Instead, the “masterminds” behind Kodi came with a “superior” idea about whitelisting resolutions (I mean, WTF! That whitelisting abomination didn’t even make sense at all)

All I can say is that, since yesterday, I got pretty pumped about MrMC with Koying pulling under the Android strings...

I sense nothing but good things from this, Davilla among others were just too saturated atm with a great deal of things (iosTV) and the Android platform was sadly a little bit unnatended, well... not any more! We got mister Koying to the rescue.
gpmc01

Post by gpmc01 »

With Koying onboard I expect to get MrMC more and more powerful on the NVidia Shield (got 2 of them) so I'm not disappointed at all that SPMC has stopped.
The starting basis for MrMC is just good and can become excellent!
Boris Blank

Post by Boris Blank »

Wow!

Thats BIG news indeed!
Gkfisher

Post by Gkfisher »

Ok. I’m game. Just bought for Nvidia Shield and have high hopes.
ger630

Post by ger630 »

Count me another SPMC convert, decided I'd throw you the money to help keep the Fire/Shield development going.
zakaron

Post by zakaron »

I realize that I'm a little late to the party, but this is a great addition to the MrMC team! I used SPMC on my first android box and really enjoyed the optimizations Koying made with it. Ultimately I went the AppleTV route, so I look forward to the contributions he will bring.