1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Platform support

Public Announcements and News subforum

What other platforms would you like to see supported

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2016, 17:00

Darwin OSX
15%
iOS/tvOS is enough
49%
Android (google play)
9%
Android (amazon store)
5%
Tizen (samsung smart TVs)
11%
OpenElec (Linux)
11%

Total votes: 115

davilla
Team MrMC

Future Platform support

Post by davilla »

Looking to the future, for other platform support :)

You can pick 5 of the listed 6 choices and can change your votes.
Plympton

Re: Platform support

Post by Plympton »

Not sure what MrMC brings to the table that isn't in Kodi at this point - seems like a subset only for now (javascript add ons in the future would be cool though).
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Future Platform support

Post by davilla »

MrMC brings a branding free from the taint of parasite/pirate addons and a dedicated focus on stability with the idea that MrMC is something that users can depend on, version to version.
pcfarrar

Post by pcfarrar »

An Xbox One / Windows 10 universal App would be good.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

pcfarrar wrote:An Xbox One / Windows 10 universal App would be good.
Sorry, windows and its derivatives are gone for good from MrMC. That's why they are not listed in the poll. All the others share a common theme, they are all some form of Posix based.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

tvOS/iOS is good enough for me, but other devices would be great.
Tight_wad

Post by Tight_wad »

I would gladly pay for an app for the Firetv.
Old-Toast

Post by Old-Toast »

tvOS/iOS is good enough for me.

For AndroidTV go for it if it's easy enough and you want to make some extra money, but Kodi is already there so I'm not sure if there will be much interest.

Amazon FireTV might be worth pursuing if it's low hanging fruit as wasn't Kodi banned from that platform over add-on's ?

Samsung Tizen if it's possible would be a nice thing for Sammy owners, they are one of the biggest TV sellers in the world. But there is zero community around those so it's hard to gauge actual interest, though the Samsung thread on Kodi/XBMC forums would always get resurrected numerous times and has high view counts so that might be a sign.

Steam OS ? I know there is some sort of work in getting Kodi running on Steam but it's unofficial not through the Steam store I think (there's an XBMC greenlight listing on Steam from years ago).

Playstation 4 ? apparently it's based on FreeBSD, plex got on it and Sony made their own mkv player for DLNA sources so they might say yes and there are almost 35 million PS4's. Some competition already but MrMC blows the stock media player and plex out of the water. Their licensing terms might be too hostile though, not a lot of apps have appeared on PS4 even ones Sony promised in the past.
Tight_wad

Post by Tight_wad »

I think that an app for the Firetv & stick would be good to try to get on the Amazon store because Kodi & SPMC aren't allowed. MrMC, I think, deals with the issues that has blocked them.

Would it be a big money maker? Don't know. But I would purchase MrMC because of what it can't do and because I would like the benefits of not having to sideload Kodi. Kodi 15.2 doesn't play nice when we want to watch Amazon Prime unless fully exiting out of Kodi first.

I wonder if at some point, Amazon will close the door on Kodi and other apps that require sideloading. And what about the Kodi team recently in regards to android itself?
lost16

Post by lost16 »

32 bit iOS for iPad 3 or older. Generally people don't change iPads every year like they do with phones, I think many of us still have older iPads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk