1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Platform support

Public Announcements and News subforum

What other platforms would you like to see supported

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2016, 17:00

Darwin OSX
15%
iOS/tvOS is enough
49%
Android (google play)
9%
Android (amazon store)
5%
Tizen (samsung smart TVs)
11%
OpenElec (Linux)
11%

Total votes: 115

baerwurzl

Re: Future Platform support

Post by baerwurzl »

Is there a chance to see Mrmc on mac os?

(Till then: is it possible to use mrmc on atv and kodi on macos parallel with the same mysql?)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

baerwurzl wrote:Is there a chance to see Mrmc on mac os?
Not likely to happen
baerwurzl wrote:(Till then: is it possible to use mrmc on atv and kodi on macos parallel with the same mysql?)
yes, as long as you use MrMC 2.*.* and kodi 16.* as those Databases are compatible
DanTheMan827

Post by DanTheMan827 »

Do you think we could ever see MrMC on game consoles?

Microsoft supports third-party apps on the Xbox One and Nintendo has semi-public development tools available for their current systems...

I'm not sure if Nintendo would allow apps aside from the big players like Netflix but Microsoft seems to have welcomed Kodi to the app store with open arms... there's also Sony...

I really hope a port to the Switch wouldn't be an impossibility because it's definitely an interesting device given its home / portable nature... (it has what looks like a fairly large screen and if the reveal trailer is any indication it even has a mount to clip onto the back of car seats...)

In the case of the switch my wish list would include a hybrid online / offline ability to sync media to the device in order to go offline but show the entire media list when connected to the network (the same could apply to all portable devices that MrMC supports)

Heck... the Switch may even have a hardware h.264 encoder (it's rumored to use the NVIDIA Tegra SoC) so it would maybe even be possible to allow (speedy) transcoding on copy to save space...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

DanTheMan827 wrote:Do you think we could ever see MrMC on game consoles?

Microsoft supports third-party apps on the Xbox One and Nintendo has semi-public development tools available for their current systems...

I'm not sure if Nintendo would allow apps aside from the big players like Netflix but Microsoft seems to have welcomed Kodi to the app store with open arms... there's also Sony...

I really hope a port to the Switch wouldn't be an impossibility because it's definitely an interesting device given its home / portable nature... (it has what looks like a fairly large screen and if the reveal trailer is any indication it even has a mount to clip onto the back of car seats...)

In the case of the switch my wish list would include a hybrid online / offline ability to sync media to the device in order to go offline but show the entire media list when connected to the network (the same could apply to all portable devices that MrMC supports)

Heck... the Switch may even have a hardware h.264 encoder (it's rumored to use the NVIDIA Tegra SoC) so it would maybe even be possible to allow (speedy) transcoding on copy to save space...
1st rule of porting, the device MUST have hw video decode available or the ponies to at least decode h264. :) Lacking rule 1) means a lot of work for something that can just play audio or maybe SD content. Boring :)

2nd rule of porting, the device MUST have GL/GLES available. GL/GLES is so ingrained in the core core, it would be long road to go to anything else.

3rd rule of porting, we don't talk about porting to a new device until we have a release candidate :)
Old-Toast

Post by Old-Toast »

From what I've heard

Nintendo Switch
- Uses custom API's from Nvidia, still there is a remote possibility it may allow OpenGL/Vulkan for use on lesser titles or apps with Nvidia doing the under the bonnet work, really it's a wait and see.

PlayStation
- uses custom Sony API's for everything, it doesn't use OpenGL.

Xbox
- Xbox runs modded Windows 10, shares app ecosystem with Win 10 PC's but apps must use UWP API framework which has been talked about in this thread prior and would be a very big job to undertake, doesn't support OpenGL uses Direct3D.

So none of the big 3 use GL/GLES which complicates matters.

Edit: It appears Microsoft allow for some OpenGL ES usage via a thing called ANGLE that translates OpenGL ES into DX11 and it's allowed in UWP apps, maybe that could be of some use one day.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... rectx-11-1
Last edited by Old-Toast on 18 Dec 2016, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Lestatx

Post by Lestatx »

Is the chance of a Tizen tv app dead?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Lestatx wrote:Is the chance of a Tizen tv app dead?
Tizen is still on the radar.
Old-Toast

Post by Old-Toast »

In somewhat surprising news Kodi is getting a full UWP port with Xbox One compatibility, very light on details or time frames. Kodi is on Win10 app store but as a bridged UWP/Win32 app, those weren't supported in a pure UWP only environment, it might be MS is loosening up what can run on Xbox too.

Maybe MrMC could benefit from this in the long run with it's own potential UWP port.

https://mspoweruser.com/kodi-aka-xbmc-c ... e-uwp-app/
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Old-Toast wrote:In somewhat surprising news Kodi is getting a full UWP port with Xbox One compatibility, very light on details or time frames. Kodi is on Win10 app store but as a bridged UWP/Win32 app, those weren't supported in a pure UWP only environment, it might be MS is loosening up what can run on Xbox too.

Maybe MrMC could benefit from this in the long run with it's own potential UWP port.

https://mspoweruser.com/kodi-aka-xbmc-c ... e-uwp-app/
At this time, MrMC has no interest in running on any Microsoft platforms. In fact, all windows support has been stripped out long ago.
dogsrus

Post by dogsrus »

Will MRMC be avaialable for Sony Android TV's? My new TV will supposedly have Android TV 7?
I have this in my Nvidia Shield TV and love the features & Plex integration.
Thanks