1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Platform support

Public Announcements and News subforum

What other platforms would you like to see supported

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2016, 17:00

Darwin OSX
15%
iOS/tvOS is enough
49%
Android (google play)
9%
Android (amazon store)
5%
Tizen (samsung smart TVs)
11%
OpenElec (Linux)
11%

Total votes: 115

TVfanii

Re: Future Platform support

Post by TVfanii »

I think iOS,tvOS,OSX and watchOS good.
Because the system need good video player. focus more!!
jesusvpct

Post by jesusvpct »

Android (google play) and Tizen (samsung smart TVs), because those are the devices that I have and a lot of people too. I don't need others.
pmcdunnough

Post by pmcdunnough »

Am quite happy with the iOS/tvOS, but assuming it didn't hurt support of those two I would like to see support of the FireTV/Stick and Fire tablets via the Amazon App Store.
ams123

Post by ams123 »

Using on Apple TV now. I honestly cannot see MrMc competing with Kodi on the same platforms. There is just not enough difference to justify a paid app vs. free Kodi.
pmcdunnough

Post by pmcdunnough »

On something like Amazon's Fire TV having to sideload Kodi is a real inconvenience. Moreover, the app does not appear in recent, and does not get updated automatically. I would pay for MrMC on their platform.
VonMagnum

Post by VonMagnum »

If you can get DTS-HD MA passthrough to work with OS X, great, otherwise, Kodi is already available for it and so I'm not sure there's a pressing need there. Even so, the more the merrier for OS X, especially if it works better and/or has a better interface.

However, what would really be awesome is you could get music playback to work on a FireTV Stick without "skipping/dropping out" momentarily every once in a while (out of 12 songs, it did it 3 times with Kodi Isengard here, a lot more if I try to add an external visualizer like ProjectM and video drops a frame every 5-10 seconds or so as well as I see a tiny stutter/judder even on 30fps video). As it is, I'm looking at ditching my FireTV Sticks or only using them for Amazon Prime video (that never frame drops or skips). My old Gen1 ATV with OpenElec and a Broadcom card runs video perfectly smooth with no dropouts and audio at the correct digital sample rate with no dropouts. I can't comprehend why a much newer/faster FireTV Stick can't manage either one 100% (no comments on the Kodi forums about it so I assume they don't notice or care). I can only assume Amazon is doing something in the background that is pegging the two cores (watching the "status" window would seem to corroborate that as they do spike sometimes briefly to 100% on either core and once in a while on both for no obvious reason).
pmcdunnough wrote:On something like Amazon's Fire TV having to sideload Kodi is a real inconvenience. Moreover, the app does not appear in recent, and does not get updated automatically. I would pay for MrMC on their platform.
The App does appear under Apps now since the last update (I no longer feel the need to use FireStarter) as do all side-loaded Apps. I personally would not want an automatic update. I tried a few of the Jarvis betas (2-4) and they ran very SLOW compared to Isengard. I don't want an update until it works better than the existing version. Taking 3-5x longer to start a video is not acceptable, IMO (one video took over 3 minutes to start, a dvd joined version of LOTR so it didn't use two files; Isengard starts it in about 3-5 seconds). I haven't tested the release candidates yet, so I don't know if it's still there or not. I figured I'd wait until a final release version since every time it acts up I have to restore Isengard from backup and that's not real fast over WiFi with all the images cached).
thrustmaster

Post by thrustmaster »

definitely Tizen (Samsung Smart TVs). it's a HUGE market, so many potential users and especially they're introducing now to the media functions through the integrated smart functions. so kodi would be an amazing feature!
Lestatx

Post by Lestatx »

PLEASE release on tizen. I would pay so much to be able to just plug in my hdd to my tv instead of streaming through my computer with plex.
jesus_bs

Post by jesus_bs »

LG TV WebOS, please...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

lost16 wrote:32 bit iOS for iPad 3 or older. Generally people don't change iPads every year like they do with phones, I think many of us still have older iPads.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is coming, we have to make a complicated change to the build structure to support multi-archs.