1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

OpenSubtitle Search no longer working on Apple TV?

Any issues relating to subtitle search and download function
amet
Team MrMC

Re: OpenSubtitle Search no longer working on Apple TV?

Post by amet »

It happens a lot on their side, last I know they were migrating to new servers.
toto0519

Post by toto0519 »

MrMC is a great app. The problem is I do not speak 8 languages....please have a workable/stable subtitle providers asap. Also can you please let me know how to open the subtitle from open source? i did try different formats, but just cannot see subtitle file from MrMC browser. Thank you.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

toto0519 wrote:MrMC is a great app. The problem is I do not speak 8 languages....please have a workable/stable subtitle providers asap. Also can you please let me know how to open the subtitle from open source? i did try different formats, but just cannot see subtitle file from MrMC browser. Thank you.
Hi,

as much as we try to understand language barriers and a situation where english is not someones first language, this kind of posts and "demands" will not be tolerated.... fact that you are paid customer does not give you a right to talk to anyone like that... period. if this is not to your liking ask apple for a refund but do not think for a second that you can address anyone on our forms in that tone and manner.

now... let see what the issue it, post a debuglog with failures and we will see what can be done to correct it.... both providers are very reliable and have a lot of subtitles, admittedly opensubtitles has had some issues lately with overloaded servers. I have not had any issues with opensubtitles and podnapisi and I use it daily.

adding subtitle to a movie can be done in few ways:

- name .srt file same name as a movie and have it in the same folder, Avatar.mkv and Avatar.en.srt in the same location will work.
- you can dedicate a location(folder) on your smb/nfs share for subs, same rules apply as above but folder location needs to be set under "Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles-> subtitle storage location"
- while playing a movie, bring up OSD and select audio settings.. in there you can browse for subtitle
- and of course you can use downloaders.