1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[SOLVED] Name of the file in searching subtitles

Any issues relating to subtitle search and download function
dobunzli

[SOLVED] Name of the file in searching subtitles

Post by dobunzli »

Hello,
Just bought MrMC, very glad to find a Kodi-like application on my new Apple TV.
Thanks for the good work and reasonable price !

I have a little problem with subtitles search: when I select a film and try to search his subtitles in opensubtitles.org, the search string seems to be a number (for instance 5670.m4v) and not the name of the movie file.
Do I have to change a configuration somewhere ?

Moreover if I try to search the subtitles manually (even only for instance the "a" letter), nothing comes back from opensubtitles.org. I have double-checked my credentials for this site.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Last edited by dobunzli on 13 Dec 2015, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Name of the file in searching subtitles

Post by amet »

Movie needs to be in a library to be able to search by movie name, we try to get the name from a file name if its not in a library.
dobunzli

Re: Name of the file in searching subtitles

Post by dobunzli »

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.

I have problems creating a library see here: http://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=6& ... 1143#p1143

But even though I don't have a library, I cannot obtain subtitles from opensubtitles.org. If I choose to search manually "Elephants" nothing comes back from opensubtitles.org. I have double-checked my credentials for this site and I am connected to internet.

Is there a way to have access to some logs to help further ?
dobunzli

Re: [SOLVED] Name of the file in searching subtitles

Post by dobunzli »

Hello,

Everything is now solved after using a NFS share instead of UPnP share and being able to create a library !
Manually searching subtitles works also !!