1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Failed to download subtitle!

Any issues relating to subtitle search and download function
Hernberg

Failed to download subtitle!

Post by Hernberg »

Hey.

Continuously get "Failed to download subtitle". Ive tried so many things with "scurity" (access) options on my pc and i own everything that is.

I hope you guys can see in the log if i still misses out some kind of stupid access thing on the pc end (since it says something about Permission Denied).
Or you need more of the log? First i tried to copy the whole thing but pastebin yelled that it was size limit :P

http://pastebin.com/A2xgypHj

**edit

A suggestion for future. To be able to save subtitles local on appletv? So that you dont need this trouble i have stumbled into xD
I know infuse does something like that, cause i never got any srt files on my harddrive, and that worked instantly to download subs.
Best and kindest regards!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Failed to download subtitle!

Post by amet »

"SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://DESKTOP-8GGPOML/undertexter/Arrival.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.sv.srt'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'"

you have a permission problem on your server... its not safe to save files locally on apple TV, it can be deleted from under us any time.

few options:
- fix your server permissions
- dedicate a folder on your network for subtitles, in settings-> subtitles you can add that folder and on movie playback that folder will be checked.
- save it in temp location, but you will need to download every time
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

That was what i were afraid of... i cant get it to work... i am owner of the whole disk, i have made a specific folder for the subs to get into.
How do i save it in temp location?

About not safe to store local on apple tv. Its only subtitles, not a big deal if those would have been deleted. Its two click away from downloading a new one :) As for the temp location you mention. Id be very happy to get that to work. Doesnt mather if i have to download sub everytime i play the movie. Thats no problem at all.
WillCroPoint

Post by WillCroPoint »

Hernberg wrote:That was what i were afraid of... i cant get it to work... i am owner of the whole disk, i have made a specific folder for the subs to get into.
I don't know anything about your setup but here is my two cents... Assuming your shared folder is on an NTFS volume (e.i.: not FAT whatever).

Access the properties of your shared folder in Windows Explorer (locally on the actual disk, not using the network path). You need to change options in both the Sharing and Security tabs.
  • * In the Sharing tab, go to Advanced sharing... and check Everyone : Full control.
    * In the Security tab, click Change in the top pane, then select the Users group (if it is not there, click Add and add it, then make sure it is selected), then, check the Full control right for this user group in the bottom pane.
This way you handle the security through the NTFS security tab where you allowed all the users to do whatever in this folder. You let the sharing to its most basic configuration which is to let everyone full control (which they will not actually have as they are limited by the volume permissions you have set in the security tab).

The users group should contain all the accounts you have created by default. If you tweaked this further then it means you did not need my two cents to start with, sorry for that then. ;)
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

WillCroPoint wrote:
Hernberg wrote:That was what i were afraid of... i cant get it to work... i am owner of the whole disk, i have made a specific folder for the subs to get into.
I don't know anything about your setup but here is my two cents... Assuming your shared folder is on an NTFS volume (e.i.: not FAT whatever).

Access the properties of your shared folder in Windows Explorer (locally on the actual disk, not using the network path). You need to change options in both the Sharing and Security tabs.
  • * In the Sharing tab, go to Advanced sharing... and check Everyone : Full control.
    * In the Security tab, click Change in the top pane, then select the Users group (if it is not there, click Add and add it, then make sure it is selected), then, check the Full control right for this user group in the bottom pane.
This way you handle the security through the NTFS security tab where you allowed all the users to do whatever in this folder. You let the sharing to its most basic configuration which is to let everyone full control (which they will not actually have as they are limited by the volume permissions you have set in the security tab).

The users group should contain all the accounts you have created by default. If you tweaked this further then it means you did not need my two cents to start with, sorry for that then. ;)
Thanks alot for the good guide you provided. Even tho i have already made exactly like that and it still do not work :/
I have tried Kodi (Yes kodi) on an android phone and there it works like a charm! It downloads the sub file to the selected folder!
But when i do the same on MrMc (AppleTV 4) it does not work. Still get "Failed to download subtitle".
Can it be some restriction on AppleTV? Im getting pretty frustrated here xD
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

which kodi ? 16 or 17 ?
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

17 :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

https://github.com/videolabs/libdsm/issues/98

Are you using libsmbclient or libdsm ?

Downloading a sub involves a rename. This could be the issue. We will look closer.
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

davilla wrote:https://github.com/videolabs/libdsm/issues/98

Are you using libsmbclient or libdsm ?

Downloading a sub involves a rename. This could be the issue. We will look closer.
Well im kind of noob when it comes to this stuffs :D So i have kinda no idea what those two options are. But i guess i use libsmbclient. (?)
The only thing im using is my normal PC wich i use everyday and have it on 24/7 ^^ And MrMC ofc. So i use Windows Network (SMB) option. :P
I dont know much in this stuff, im kinda self-taught in this when/if i run into trouble haha, sorry :P

So my "test" with kodi and mrmc i used the exact same way to access my movies and place subtitles.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

we are all noobs at one time :)

settings -> services -> smb client. There is a setting to use libdsm. enable that. It will use your existing smb login. See if that results in the same behavior. If yes (can not write subtitle file), disable it so you are back to using libsmbclient.