1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[CLOSED] Testing MrMC 3.7.1

Old TestFlight threads
stephenh

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.1

Post by stephenh »

Montoya wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 17:49 Well, then I think something is broken now regarding resume points in MrMC, when Media Video Sources are added while "Set Content" is set to None. And nobody noticed it except Stephenh, because most off us are all using the libraries for Media Content with content set to Movies so that the library folders are scraped or are using locale nfo's for media info.

Now when a Video Source is added with content set to None, playing a video for more than 3 minutes and stopping it, backing out of content folder and going in again, DOES shows the icon that selected content is in progress, but when you want to play the content again, the content is played from the start and not from the resume point.

This is not happening when Media Video Sources are added as Movies, as we all know.

So now I am also curious where that setting is hidden in MrMC, to allow resuming of media, when Media Content of added Video source is set to None, or is this functionality broken and most of us didn't notice it ?
This is EXACTLY the behaviour I'm seeing on my system, thanks for confirming that I'm not (completely) crazy :-)
davilla wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 15:39 It remembers, provided you have played more than 3 mins. There is also a setting for this. Resume works in both file and library modes.
I just tested again using latest 3.7.1 (181208.2021 @20181208-db2c516) TestFlight (tvOS 12.1.1) and I'm definitely not seeing the files resume or prompt to resume. I tried 2 different libraries with "No Content" set, one on my NAS and another on a DVR device (Beyonwiz U4). Waited 3 minutes and then 5 minutes just to be sure. On backing out of the file, the icon has changed to indicate partial viewing has taken place (I assume?) but playing the file again goes back to the beginning with no prompt. I do notice the file name briefly goes "blue-background" just before the picture comes up, if this means anything.

Happy to try any suggestions or assist in testing if anyone can enlighten me ...
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

davilla wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 19:55 Just re-tested, resume works fine with a video source with content set to none.
Indeed, but it doesn't work for Video Sources with Content set to None when "Default select action" in "Settings/Videos/File list" is still set at the standard value, which is "Show information", which Stephenh probably is also using.

So in that situation, MrMC should also use the resume point by just pressing the file to play with this default setting, so that the same screen pops up to resume from resume point or start from beginning.

When library content is set to None, MrMC should bypass looking for information in MrMC database or NFO and use same mechanism from Default select action=play, when pressing a file to play (when Default select action=show information is set).

I was confused myself at first, but after using a long press with "Show information" setting in "Settings/Videos/File list" to play a file, I noticed the resume point came up. So I dug deeper, concluding that the default "Show information" setting was causing this. When this setting is set to "Play", all is fine and working as it is designed.
davilla wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 21:38 Revert "plex/emby: auto play next item in the list"
Thanks, this brought the missing Emby library sort options back :D
stephenh wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 21:36 ...can someone please kindly point me to a How-To on editing advancedsettings.xml on tvOS?
Use "File manager" in MrMC and Google it how to use it. It works the same as in Kodi (when you long press on an item you get a sub menu with actions). Create a file on your laptop/PC named advancedsettings.xml with the content Davilla posted and copy this with MrMC File manager back to your Apple TV in the profile folder and after that is done, force close MrMC and restart MrMC.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
stephenh

Post by stephenh »

Montoya wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 23:28 Indeed, but it doesn't work for Video Sources with Content set to None when "Default select action" in "Settings/Videos/File list" is still set at the standard value, which is "Show information", which Stephenh probably is also using.

So in that situation, MrMC should also use the resume point by just pressing the file to play with this default setting, so that the same screen pops up to resume from resume point or start from beginning.

I was confused myself at first, but after using a long press with "Show information" setting in "Settings/Videos/File list" to play a file, I noticed the resume point came up. So I dug deeper, concluding that the default "Show information" was causing this.
When this setting is set to "Play", all is fine and working as it is designed.
Thanks, changed that setting to "Play" and now I get the behaviour I would have expected as the default but hey what would I know? :-)
Montoya wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 23:28 Use "File manager" in MrMC and Google it how to use it. It works the same as in Kodi (when you long press on an item you get a sub menu with actions). Create a file on your laptop/PC named advancedsettings.xml with the content Davilla posted and copy this with MrMC File manager back to your Apple TV in the profile folder and after that is done, force close MrMC and restart MrMC.
Thanks for that, will certainly get familiar with all this and bring my "Resume" time down a bit ...

Thanks for all your help!
rockerwhat

Post by rockerwhat »

Hello, I just bought the application. I am a user of the nvidia shield tv and kodi was not working on me, so I tried your application and I loved it. I would like to know if they can do some things:

Is it possible to create a variant of the skin similar to the one shown in the image? I would even be willing to buy that skin.

DocEagle

Post by DocEagle »

tvOS 12.1
Apple TV 4K
(181208.2021)
MySQL

The reported thumb problem (thumb/cover updates when changing show mode) is fixed and works correct now.
Set-Top-Box: Apple TV 4K
FW: tvOS 16.2
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 (210507.625)
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: QNAP TS-451+
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

tvOS 12.1
Apple TV 4K
(181208.2021)
MySQL

The getting stuck / cant go home in playlist is fixed.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Thanks for confirming it!
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

stephenh wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 00:10 Thanks, changed that setting to "Play" and now I get the behaviour I would have expected as the default but hey what would I know? :-)
Glad you were able to get it to work. It's worked that way for me for years, even when I was using Kodi/XBMC prior to MrMC and I never changed a setting.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

3.7.1 (181211.9 @20181208-ffaedaf7)
add, more iOS devices
core: vector get info to play/resume if source has media content none
proper plex/emby: auto play next item in the list
DocEagle

Post by DocEagle »

tvOS 12.1
Apple TV 4K
(181208.2021)
MySQL

In addition to my last post I can confirm that scraping of TV shows is working as expected again. Did you fix anything concerning this topic? I didn‘t find anything in the change log.
Set-Top-Box: Apple TV 4K
FW: tvOS 16.2
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 (210507.625)
NAS: QNAP TS-451+