1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Post by davilla »

Montoya wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 15:40
davilla wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 22:20 v3.5.0 (180210.1903) @20180210-66d33d0
fixed, single/double/triple taps when scrubbing
fixed, crash if a control vanishes during render cycle
fixed, strm detection for scrubbing exclusion
Thanks for fixing strm detection for scrubber exclusion guys :D

One remark with that, when scrubbing exclusion is used:
When 3x tapping is used to skip FW/BW, subtitles are switched on and off.

Is this the standard right now for 3x tapping when scrubber exclusion is active and do I have to click now for skipping FW/BW, instead of tapping, or is this still something that is going to be fixed ?
The standard for native tvOS is click to ff/rw. Tripple tap toggles subs. This is standard when scrubber can be activated.

Clicks are the new hotty now. Taps are too easy to cause unintentional seeking.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Thanks for explaining and will use clicks from now on, because indeed, taps sometimes caused unintentional seeking with me too, when picking up remote.

Other question when using strm files:
Is it correct that when I play "moviename.strm", that "moviename.srt" is not recognized automatically, for showing external subs when they are present ?

Because maybe MrMC only looks for matching filename in the stream URL inside the srtm, for the matching subtitle srt.

This behavior is also present when a subtitle download via opensubtitles is done with MrMC, that the initial search query is the filename inside the stream URL, instead of the moviename.strm filename.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

think of strm as playlist, it just plays a link that you placed in it
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

OK, than MrMC treats strm files as playlist files and no functionality is yet present in it, to match moviename.strm to moviename.srt, to let MrMC show subtitles automatically.

So it is a feature request than and would be cool if MrMC supports strm<>srt matching, because I already automatically exported more than 2000 VOD movies from my iptv providers m3u, into strm files, to watch iptv VOD from a library instead of a VOD iptv channel.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

SUPERBIF wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 08:44 On another note. When using the OSD channel guide in Live TV it doesn't go away automatically after switching to a channel.
Is that something that can be changed.
This is a bug. Can that be fixed?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Testflight for MrMC 3.4.1 is now closed. Testflight for MrMC 3.5.1 will startup shorty.