1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

More Plex support?

Any Ariana skin issues go here

Moderator: pecinko

Everbrave

Re: More Plex support?

Post by Everbrave » 02 Nov 2018, 15:13

davilla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:53
It takes as long as needed. Please don't pressure the devs :)
No preassure, just curiosity 😄

Watter

Post by Watter » 14 Nov 2018, 17:26

A week ago I turned on my AppleTV 4k to find a radically different MrMC interface. "Nice", I thought. I actually like this as it demonstrates a lot of active development on the part of MrMC.

I was previously using the plex addon as my entire MrMC interface as I have a Plex server as my media backend. It took a minute, but eventually, the new interface seemed to recognize my plex server and the new UI actually seemed very similar to what I been used to with the Plex add-on except much better looking and more elegant. On-deck, etc was all there. It wasn't until after a few days that I started noticing a few things that eventually cause me to revert back to the plex add-on.
  • When I selected something on-deck or in my "watching" queue, there was no indication of the season or episode I was viewing. My wife and I cycle through a number of different shows at once so this was annoying.
  • There seemed to be no way to mark something watched/unwatched.
  • No fast scrolling through long lists.
This last one was the real killer. Maybe I'm just missing how to do this? I have a huge list of movies and TV shows. Scrolling through the list was painful.

What I loved? One, it was very clean and elegant. Second, I had forgotten how nice moving back and forth through a video is in the main (non Plex plug-in) player. You have wonderful little preview window showing you where you are when scrolling in the video... so freaking nice. Moving through a video in the plex add on is the most unintuitive and frustraing thing ever.

Anyway, that was a lot of prefix text to get to my main point: Are the missing features in the main UI going to be working their way in over time or is this a case of striving for ultimate simplicity as a feature in and of itself? I can appreciate that, though not necessarily agree with it.

Awesome work MrMC team, as usual. One of the best app purchases ever.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 14 Nov 2018, 18:54

Yes they will. Thanks for feedback.