1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

(Bug?) Startup window: TV - Launches to black screen

Any Ariana skin issues go here

Moderator: pecinko

PlatypusW

(Bug?) Startup window: TV - Launches to black screen

Post by PlatypusW » 29 Sep 2018, 22:16

On tvOS:

If I set the startup window setting to 'TV', I was expecting the app to launch to 'TV Shows' (is this correct?) but instead I get a black screen. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if this is meant to be 'live tv/dvr' or something as I don't see a movies option either.

If I then go back (press menu) I get the home window. It seems like the app is launching to something unknown and just displaying a black screen? Does anyone else have this problem? Potentially its launching to 'Live TV/dvr' which isn't set up?

I would really like it if there was a way to launch the app straight to 'TV Shows' or 'Movies' if this wasn't the intended feature.

cosmoxl

Re: (Bug?) Startup window: TV - Launches to black screen

Post by cosmoxl » 29 Sep 2018, 22:37

PlatypusW wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 22:16
On tvOS:

If I set the startup window setting to 'TV', I was expecting the app to launch to 'TV Shows' (is this correct?) but instead I get a black screen. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if this is meant to be 'live tv/dvr' or something as I don't see a movies option either.

If I then go back (press menu) I get the home window. It seems like the app is launching to something unknown and just displaying a black screen? Does anyone else have this problem? Potentially its launching to 'Live TV/dvr' which isn't set up?

I would really like it if there was a way to launch the app straight to 'TV Shows' or 'Movies' if this wasn't the intended feature.
TV is different from "TV shows". Sounds like it's launching to live tv/dvr as you surmise.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 29 Sep 2018, 22:53

Indeed, TV opens up "Live TV/PVR".

Closest to what you probably want is "Videos", which opens up video library.

PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW » 30 Sep 2018, 13:24

Thanks, seems like it isn't a skin issue and appears to be an MrMC system setting. Sorry for posting in the wrong section :)