1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Request: Media Info and Server Logo

Any Ariana skin issues go here
barong

Request: Media Info and Server Logo

Post by barong »

I’m not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if additional media information could be displayed when viewing the info for a video file from the main menu or when playback is paused.
Was hoping for frame rate, chroma and bit depth.
Eg. [4K] [24hz] [4:2:0] [10bit] [DTS:X] [7.1]
I know this info can be found using mediainfo on a pc, but thought it would be neat if MrMC could show it directly.

Also, not sure of the legalities involved but was wondering if it is possible to display a small logo on the home screen based on the server currently selected eg. MrMC logo for local library, Emby logo for Emby Media Server, Plex logo for Plex Server etc.
something small near the server select button up the top might work.

PS. Love the look of the skin and can’t wait to see where you take it in the future.
pecinko

Re: Request: Media Info and Server Logo

Post by pecinko »

barong wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 14:51 I’m not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if additional media information could be displayed when viewing the info for a video file from the main menu or when playback is paused.
Was hoping for frame rate, chroma and bit depth.
Eg. [4K] [24hz] [4:2:0] [10bit] [DTS:X] [7.1]
Similar info is already available if you hit "O" on your keyboard or have that key mapped to a programmable remote. I would need to think of a way to incorporate it into a skin menu.

I don't really like logo idea as we would have to negotiate it with Plex and Emby and it won't really bring that useful info - we are already showing server names MrMC is currently connected to.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Request: Media Info and Server Logo

Post by davilla »

Plex is very picky about their logo and branding. They might or might not permit this, would have to review their rules about logo usage.