1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Request : Customize Home Screen

Any Ariana skin issues go here

Moderator: pecinko

vitalogic

Request : Customize Home Screen

Post by vitalogic » 10 Jul 2018, 10:29

Hi @pecinko

First off, amazing work on the skin! My default one from now on. Previously I was with Embuary skin on Kodi, but yours is much more faster.

There is some things that I think can be copied from Embuary which will make this skin even better, which is to be able to customize home screen. I know it's probably in the works already (I hope!) but here's my take on it.

widget-based list
We should be able to create a widget based on source -> library -> options (in progress, and recently added). For example I can select server1, from Kids Movies library, only show in progress.

All server view
Here, we can have one home with multiple widgets from different server.

Hide/show library
Option to show or hide a certain library (ehem) so can't be accessed easily from home screen.

With these 2, I think we can have home screen that please everyone.

Another thing I wanted is a universal search but I think that's not from the skin?

Anyways, keep up the awesome work.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Re: Request : Customize Home Screen

Post by pecinko » 10 Jul 2018, 10:47

vitalogic wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:29
widget-based list
We should be able to create a widget based on source -> library -> options (in progress, and recently added). For example I can select server1, from Kids Movies library, only show in progress.

All server view

Hide/show library
Option to show or hide a certain library (ehem) so can't be accessed easily from home screen.

Another thing I wanted is a universal search but I think that's not from the skin?
Hey,

I asume you are using Plex and/or Emby since you are talking about different servers? What is your use case?

vitalogic

Post by vitalogic » 10 Jul 2018, 10:56

Hey there, yes you're right I'm using emby AND plex. I have 2 server running both with different kinds of library, also a friend is sharing his plex library. I know it's probably not the most likely use case, but I still think user with one server with multiple library can still take advantage of this level of customization.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 10 Jul 2018, 11:08

vitalogic wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:29
widget-based list

All server view

Hide/show library

1,2 - We will be improving current shelves on home page in 3.8, but current plan is that shelves will be populated for currently selected server. Thing is you can have 10 servers and many of them could be slower remote servers.

3 - We have a tool for that - mrmc profiles and Plex users, right?
4 - This one is planned for future version

vitalogic

Post by vitalogic » 10 Jul 2018, 12:51

Ah nice, yes after thinking about it I think that's the best moving forward. Is the plan for 3.8 includes view for newly added or in progress per-library?

Its great to hear that the search is being worked on.

Thanks again.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 10 Jul 2018, 12:55

vitalogic wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 12:51
Ah nice, yes after thinking about it I think that's the best moving forward. Is the plan for 3.8 includes view for newly added or in progress per-library?
You already have this in 3.7 - settings/video(music)/library/ - > uncheck "flatten hierarchy"

We plan to improve it further in 3.8

vitalogic

Post by vitalogic » 11 Jul 2018, 05:23

Ah yes you're right! I always wondered what those settings are for, lol.

But, can we add those view to the home? Right now for plex, it's usually :
- continue watching
- on deck
- recently added tv
- recently added movies

If we can have it like :
- continue watcing
- deck
- recently added anime
- recently added kids shows
- recently added tv shows
- recently added movies

And if we can have some level of customization on which to show and hide, that'd be better. Even like showing a specific genre, or showing in progress for specific library (eg. in progress anime).