1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMc hanging on Sony A9F TV after standby

Any issues that are NOT Nvidia Shield or FireTV specific
omohat

MrMc hanging on Sony A9F TV after standby

Post by omohat » 08 Feb 2019, 19:38

I'm using MrMc on a Sony A9F TV with the Plex client. MrMc works fine until the TV is put in standby. When I power the TV on again, MrMc usually hangs, sometimes when I'm trying to select something to play, other times after I select what I want to play. By hang, I mean the screen just goes black.

At that point, the only option is to force stop MrMC (from android settings) and restart it whereupon it works fine again until the next time the TV is put into standby. For reference, I also have the Plex client installed and it works fine after the TV is put in standby and started again so I don't think it's related to my Plex library (which is running on a Synology).

Is this behaviour caused by any setting in MrMc or do I just need to wait for the next version and hope the behaviour is fixed/changed?

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMc hanging on Sony A9F TV after standby

Post by davilla » 09 Feb 2019, 15:08

omohat wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 19:38
I'm using MrMc on a Sony A9F TV with the Plex client. MrMc works fine until the TV is put in standby. When I power the TV on again, MrMc usually hangs, sometimes when I'm trying to select something to play, other times after I select what I want to play. By hang, I mean the screen just goes black.

At that point, the only option is to force stop MrMC (from android settings) and restart it whereupon it works fine again until the next time the TV is put into standby. For reference, I also have the Plex client installed and it works fine after the TV is put in standby and started again so I don't think it's related to my Plex library (which is running on a Synology).

Is this behaviour caused by any setting in MrMc or do I just need to wait for the next version and hope the behaviour is fixed/changed?
debuglog