1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

passing native 1080i, 720p, etc

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
cat6man

passing native 1080i, 720p, etc

Post by cat6man » 09 Nov 2018, 17:38

New user here, just installed 'lite' version and ready to buy if mrmc can do native resolution.
I want to pass native resolution (1080i, 720p, SDR) out of the shield so that upscaling and de-interlacing are not done anywhere in the shield.
I have a DVDO video processor that does upscaling and de-interlacing much better.

My current streaming solution is sageTV mini-client running on the shield, but that cannot do native video passthrough.
The HD300 SageTV device (hardware) does native video passthrough but cannot handle 4K.

A video passthrough (i.e. leave the video alone) option for mrmc would be ideal and a strong incentive for a sagetv extension, as many of us have been hoping for a solution that combines modern video format support (e.g. 4k) with native passthrough of the video signal.