1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

tipping problem in rec709

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
ricou40

tipping problem in rec709

Post by ricou40 »

since the last update I have the shield set in 4k 23,976 rec2020 and when I spend a movie in 4k hdr the projector shows me well 4k hdr rec2020, but since the update when I pass a 1080p in rec709 the shield no longer switches to rec709 automatically and therefore the colors are bland and the projector shows me rec2020 while it is a rec709 that is read and that's since the last update because before there was no problem the shield switched to the correct color space automatically .... Now when I read a 1080p rec709 I have to manually change the display of the shield in rec709 and when I watch a movie in 4k hdr I am obliged to put in rec2020 !!! and all that since the last update !!! before it worked very well ... pfffff .......
ricou40

Re: tipping problem in rec709

Post by ricou40 »

Well for help from here we can always wait I think, because it looks like it does not matter to anyone my problem ... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ricou40 wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 09:10 Well for help from here we can always wait I think, because it looks like it does not matter to anyone my problem ... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
it's a shield issue with switching color space. As in, it does not handle that well.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Mmm... The shield never, ever, switched the HDMI colorspace automatically. It always keep the ones defined in the system settings, and present the resolution and refresh rates available in this colorspace to apps.
The latest firmware does a decent job of converting rec709 to rec2020, though, if necessary.

Is there an actual color issue?
Maybe your projector did some magic before recent firmwares?
ricou40

Post by ricou40 »

yes there is a problem of color because when I run a movie in rec709 and so I converted to rec2020 the colors are less saturated than the rec709, but hey it does not matter in fact because I look at many more movies in 4k hdr, so the rec 709 I will change it even though I was told on a forum that with kodi18 this problem did not exist and it does not surprise me because I'm sure that before I n had never had this problem ...
I will come back to you to tell you if with kodi18 I have the same problem,
thank you