1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC missing from Play Store

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
thesuffering

MrMC missing from Play Store

Post by thesuffering » 20 Sep 2018, 22:59

Went to go update to 3.7 and couldnt find it on the Play store on my Shield (2017). Went to the website, and while its there, it says "This item is not compatible with your device" . How do I fix?

I do have 3.6-2 installed, and it was from Play Store originally.

koying
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC missing from Play Store

Post by koying » 21 Sep 2018, 00:15

Have you unlocked your bootloader and/or rooted your shield?

thesuffering

Post by thesuffering » 21 Sep 2018, 00:23

Yes, but it was available before. Is it only available if you are unrooted/locked? Did that change?

thesuffering

Post by thesuffering » 21 Sep 2018, 16:20

I went ahead and relocked the bootloader. It did wipe all my data, which is a pain. MrMC shows up fine now in the Play store. I had rooted to be able to do PS4 Remote Play, but I rarely use that. At least now MrMC updates :D

rodalpho

Post by rodalpho » 23 Sep 2018, 18:40

Wait, I can't use MrMC with an unlocked bootloader?! Even though my device is not rooted?

Surely that is a mistake. I can't imagine why it would be necessary when banking apps and Netflix work fine when unlocked. I immediately unlock the bootloader on all my Android devices because Android wipes ALL your data when you do it. I have no intention of relocking to run this app. I prefer it to Kodi, but not to that degree.

If that really is the problem, I hope you change your minds quickly. And If not, I believe a refund is reasonable. Who do I contact for a refund?